CZST Elevation Problem.

birdguy

When I try to go to CZST the aircraft ends up a 1000 feet in the air and then starts tumbling to the ground. When I go to the airport and put in a location the aircraft ends up in a hangar elevated about a foot off the ground.

Here's what I've done so far in succession:

1 - Checked to see that the CZST elevation correction was present in scenery/world/scenery and that it had a BGL extension. It was and it did.

2 - Tried a different aircraft.

3 - Disabled all non-ORBX addon scenery in the scenery library.

4 - Exercised FTX Central by going to Default and then back to NA.

5 - Turned the computer off and then back on again (hard boot).

6 - Set FTX Central to Default and uninstalled CZST (and deleted the CZST elevation correction file) in accordance with the Uninstalling FTX Airport - a quick guide and ran FTXConfigurator.exe.

7 - Reinstalled CZST.

8 - Problem still exists.

9 - Checked for any update I might have missed and found none.

What do I do now?

Noel Order#FSS0205880 2013-03-18

I have the same problem, when i try to start in CZST. The aircraft is then in the air and must be landed somewhere or by a fast click for the airport again it is placed on the runway.

I'm confused about this.

Hi Noel,

Is your aircraft starting 1000 feet up in thin air, or is the aircraft on the airport which is floating 1000 feet above ground?

try this, go into your scenery library from the FSX menu and untick the entry for CZST, allow the scenery library to rebuild and then restart the flight from CZST (which will now be the FTX PFJ version of CZST) and see if the problem persists, report your findings back here please.

Russ.

When I try to go to CZST the aircraft ends up a 1000 feet in the air and then starts tumbling to the ground. When I go to the airport and put in a location the aircraft ends up in a hangar elevated about a foot off the ground.

Here's what I've done so far in succession:

1 - Checked to see that the CZST elevation correction was present in scenery/world/scenery and that it had a BGL extension. It was and it did.

2 - Tried a different aircraft.

3 - Disabled all non-ORBX addon scenery in the scenery library.

4 - Exercised FTX Central by going to Default and then back to NA.

5 - Turned the computer off and then back on again (hard boot).

6 - Set FTX Central to Default and uninstalled CZST (and deleted the CZST elevation correction file) in accordance with the Uninstalling FTX Airport - a quick guide and ran FTXConfigurator.exe.

7 - Reinstalled CZST.

8 - Problem still exists.

9 - Checked for any update I might have missed and found none.

What do I do now?

Noel Order#FSS0205880 2013-03-18

I have the same problem, when i try to start in CZST. The aircraft is then in the air and must be landed somewhere or by a fast click for the airport again it is placed on the runway.

I'm confused about this.

No problems at this side when I start at Stewart CZST my aircraft stay's on the ground.

Peter

Russ,

I unchecked CZST and the problem persists. Although the aircraft doesn't appear 1000 feet in the air and begin diving down, it does appear at the end of the runway about 2 ro 3 feet above the runway.

I'd include a screenshot but I don;t now how to do that.

Russ,

I unchecked CZST and the problem persists. Although the aircraft doesn't appear 1000 feet in the air and begin diving down, it does appear at the end of the runway about 2 ro 3 feet above the runway.

Birdguy, for posting a screenshot look here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Peter

Just for kicks I tried to duplicate this scenario and I was able to, under one condition. If I did not designate runway 18 or 36 and let FSX choose an "Active Runway" I ended up between 1350 and 1900 feet above the runway in each trial. I tried this a dozen times or so. Sometimes starting by loading the ever popular "Safe Start" and then using "Go To Airport" and making it CZST-Active Runway, and sometimes directly going to CZST-Active Runway on the opening splash screen. "Active Runway" seems to be the common denominator in my FSX install to trigger this situation. I also note I have never experienced this before at any airport, stock or addon.

The weird thing is I have one aircraft that behaves normally at CZST and sits on the runway the way it should. The FSD Pilatus Porter amphibian.

It probably isn't a CZST thing though because with CZST disabled I get the same thing. If I also disable the CZST elevation file in scenery\world\scenery by changing the extension to BAK the aircraft ends up UNDERGROUND, even the Porter.

I guess if I want to fly into or out of CZST I'll have to use the Porter. I've been working on this all day and am about to give up on it.

Noel

The weird thing is I have one aircraft that behaves normally at CZST and sits on the runway the way it should. The FSD Pilatus Porter amphibian.

It probably isn't a CZST thing though because with CZST disabled I get the same thing. If I also disable the CZST elevation file in scenery\world\scenery by changing the extension to BAK the aircraft ends up UNDERGROUND, even the Porter.

I guess if I want to fly into or out of CZST I'll have to use the Porter. I've been working on this all day and am about to give up on it.

Noel

I did all my tests in the stock ultralight.

I don't know if this helps but slewng around the town I find all the little rocks, the bushes, the trees, the artifacts, and the buildings at Stewart are are elevated too.

Noel

I experienced the floating items when I first installed CZST and tried to start a flight there just to look around. Exiting out and reloading solved that and it never returned on any subsequent flight there. But, my first flight into CZST (from KSFF) I experience a very rare OOM message and CTD a mile or so short of touchdown. I chalked it up to too many view changes done too quickly as I came down the river and 4.5 hours of continuous flight time. I hate when that happens. I re-flew the same flight plan in the same plane and made it all the way to touchdown and taxi the second time. Maybe there is some sort of memory leak scenario going on, I can't believe it was a true OOM. I did follow the second flight monitoring task manager and the performance tab did show "Free" physical memory getting seriously low (100 to 300MB) as I got within a few miles of CZST. Other than FSGenesis 10 meter mesh and Aerosoft Anchorage I have no other addons in North America aside from ORBX addons.

Russ,

Yes, I see this as well. It's very apparent if you land in the outside view. I tried it with A2A J3, the tires screetch and smoke, but at ground level the plane is a foot or more above the visible runway surface. I also note that unchecking CZST in the scenery library and immediately loading a flight at CZST the tree flow was still flowing and some parking areas had trees surrounding other parked aircraft. Exiting FSX and coming back in cleared that up but the elevation issue persists.

Note: I like to use the J3 for possible elevation issues because the tires flatten on the bottom when in contact with the ground and round out at lift off. Sometimes when in close proximity to or on the ground optical illusions also confound the situation.

I popped over to the FTX Bella Coola, no contact issues. None on my Rig B box either which doesn't run FTX.

Interesting problem. I'll post some pics. In the first one this is what I had after switching off CZST in scenery but not restarting FSX. The second is after the J3 came to a complete stop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem, but not glad that it happens at all. I've run out of ideas.

CZST is usaeble for my Porter amphibian. I don't know why that aircraft works with the scenery and no others do. I can always use that aircraft if I want to fly in or out of CZST until someone comes up with a solution here.

I also discovered that if I go to CZST with the Porter amphibian and then change to another aircraft it will sit on the runway as it should. The Porter amphibian is the ONLY aircraft in my hangar that will go to CZST and sit on the runway. The Porter l;and plane and ski plane act just like the others.

Noel

Here's some more pics at CZST and CYBD, they illustrate the optical illusion aspect I refer to above. The tire flatten tells the story. These screenies were taken with Pause and Slew Off, just sitting at idle on the runway.

The first 2 at CZST:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now at CYBD: No issues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The only 3 conflicts possible in my case: the CZST addon, the PFJ addon, the FSGenesis mesh. UTX has never been installed on this rig. Now if an airport 1,000 miles or more away is causing this, oh well, I'll never figure it out :lol: .

The "issue" is as follows, Russ created a layer to be able to have the "pebbles" and/or "rocks" laying about, to achieve this he had to create a layer above the original RWY and TWY hence when you go down to ground level you get this a bit odd looking phenomena

Down to ground level you get the "effect" due to limitations of fsX, Russ opted for this solution

Posted Image

Raise you pov slightly and there's no issue

Posted Image

8)

Well, I guess there's no problem after all. Just raise the POV a bit Thanks for explaining it to us Wolter. I guess this is resolved now. I have one more question. Are there any more Orbx airports like that?

Noel

Archived