FTX Central will not work

big-mike

Yesterday everything was fine,but today FTX Central will not work.

Switched to default,started FX----default is displayed.Shut down FSX and switched to any ORBX region----default is displayed.

FTX Central version--1.0 Build 1029 October 2012.

In the scenery library in FSX there are the ORBX sceneries at the bottom,directly over Edwards AFB

What can i do?

Thank you.

Michael

i just had the same problem 60 minutes ago (after updating the Canada freeware & Libraries): FTX did not start.

Root cause identified: I have the fsx/orbx directory linked outside the fsx directory (and towards a non-SSD disk). This link was cut during the update - so a part of the FTX data was on one disk, another part on the other.

Corrective action: moved all data in one common orbx directory (as it should be). Fixed the SSD-HD link. Worked.

So if you work with linked directiories, this link sometimes gets lost. Maybe you got the same issue?

i just had the same problem 60 minutes ago (after updating the Canada freeware & Libraries): FTX did not start.

Root cause identified: I have the fsx/orbx directory linked outside the fsx directory (and towards a non-SSD disk). This link was cut during the update - so a part of the FTX data was on one disk, another part on the other.

Corrective action: moved all data in one common orbx directory (as it should be). Fixed the SSD-HD link. Worked.

So if you work with linked directiories, this link sometimes gets lost. Maybe you got the same issue?

Thanks Gerold for the hint!

Yes I suffered an issue yesterday after I installed the update for the Canada freeware! After installation of that I could start FSX but there was a warning that certain files could not be loaded

I also have all my ORBX stuff on a separate HD while my FSX installation is on the a SSD. So I will try "fix the link" (any hint how to do that?)

Please ORBX: It would be great if that could be avoided for future updates/installs/etc.

Yesterday everything was fine,but today FTX Central will not work.

Switched to default,started FX----default is displayed.Shut down FSX and switched to any ORBX region----default is displayed.

FTX Central version--1.0 Build 1029 October 2012.

In the scenery library in FSX there are the ORBX sceneries at the bottom,directly over Edwards AFB

What can i do?

Thank you.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Did you try and re-install the latest library files to see if that solves the issue ?

In case it didn't help could you please post a print screen from your fsX folder and the Orbx folder contents, with current information it is a wee bit of a guessing game

Thanks Gerold for the hint!

Yes I suffered an issue yesterday after I installed the update for the Canada freeware! After installation of that I could start FSX but there was a warning that certain files could not be loaded

I also have all my ORBX stuff on a separate HD while my FSX installation is on the a SSD. So I will try "fix the link" (any hint how to do that?)

Please ORBX: It would be great if that could be avoided for future updates/installs/etc.

I have linked the ORBX folder to another drive an just tried Gerold`s suggestions with no success.

I know that this way is not supported by ORBX so i will start now a complete reinstall.

Thanks to all.

Michael

I was fortunate, no complete install needed. So Michale, please do NOT make a complete install, it is only the incomplete link i suppose.

As you might know, i use the "dirlinker.exe" to connect the place where FSX expects the ORBX files to be (in my case D:/FSX/ORBX/) to the place where I can better afford it (a portable HD, namely E:/.../ORBX). And for fixing today´s problem I simply started the dirlinker again, choose the correct pathways, checked "copy contents to target then delete it" - and go. Worked brilliantly, now all files are (again) correctly installed on the HD, and the link is left on the SSD.

I was fortunate, no complete install needed. So Michale, please do NOT make a complete install, it is only the incomplete link i suppose.

As you might know, i use the "dirlinker.exe" to connect the place where FSX expects the ORBX files to be (in my case D:/FSX/ORBX/) to the place where I can better afford it (a portable HD, namely E:/.../ORBX). And for fixing today´s problem I simply started the dirlinker again, choose the correct pathways, checked "copy contents to target then delete it" - and go. Worked brilliantly, now all files are (again) correctly installed on the HD, and the link is left on the SSD.

Thanks, Gerold, I will try that later and see if it works!

Thanks, Gerold, It worked perfektly for me! Much appreciated!

Happy landings,

Till

After reinsalling NA and EU i have now the same problem again.

SAK with Tongass Fjords were ok today,then i switched to CEN4 and CEJ4 and got GEX textures.

After that i tried 2WA1 and that was ok too.

Switching in FTX Central makes no problems.

What to do?

Thanks

Michael

Archived