NA SOUTHERN ALASKA

TOMCAT

1st time user of support forum. I downloaded southern Alaska yesterday from flightsim store a.u. installment went good. Flew from Anchorage to Homer. All went well at anchcorage, but when landing at Homer it was if there where 2 runways orbx was about 10 feet below a gravel runway. I passed wright through the gravel runway and landed on orbx runway. I have purchased every Orbx for North America and have not had this problem. I hope someone can help me. Thankyou very much. Tom FSS0209955.

1st time user of support forum. I downloaded southern Alaska yesterday from flightsim store a.u. installment went good. Flew from Anchorage to Homer. All went well at anchcorage, but when landing at Homer it was if there where 2 runways orbx was about 10 feet below a gravel runway. I passed wright through the gravel runway and landed on orbx runway. I have purchased every Orbx for North America and have not had this problem. I hope someone can help me. Thankyou very much. Tom FSS0209955.

Tomcat, I have just checked for you Homer PAHO but I don't have any elevation problems.Do you have also Tongass Fjords installed? If so, did you read the manual of SAK about the sceney library insert points on page 6 ?

Here are a few screenshots from Homer I have made for you. And B.T.W Homer has only one runway, 3 and 21.

Peter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Tom, and thanks Peter

The reason I was wondering about which airport you needed help on was you mentioned a gravel runway and even the default FSX runways is asphalt. Anyway, as Peter has shown, the airport looks OK and I would agree that you ought to look for another PAHO file somewhere in your scenery folder or a scenery covering the same area. There is a PAHO elevation change, another version of the airport would probably be at the default FSX elevation. Good luck.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Tom,

maybe you have installed FSX_Homer_HOM_AK from FSNorthwest (files are PAHO_ADEX_MAR.BGL; PAHO_ADEX_MAR_CVX.bgl and a few others)? That WILL interfere with the ORBX scenery!

Take a search. Good luck!

Cheers Rainer

Thanks to all. I remembered that many years ago I purchased an all Alaska scenery program, from who I cant remember, I was in my late forties then, I'm going to find it and uninstall it. First I'll just fly around a bit and see if its something I can live with. I'll also try the suggestions that were offered. I will let you know what fixed it.

Hi Holger ,. That's what I have under SAK, U.T Canada , USA and UT Alaska X. They are supposed to be compatible, but.. Will now try and look for 2 airports at that location. Not sure why its underlining everything.I have all Keys that do that turned off. My font size seems to be unstable also. Time for a reboot. Take care guys. Tom

Hi Tomcat,

as for the odd fonts in your last post it looks like you're using Internet Explorer v10, which isn't fully compatible with this forum software; try Firefox or Chrome instead.

Yes, UTX Canada and UAX are compatible with SAK but only if you run the batch file from that compatibility thread or else manually configure the UAX setup panel as described. I assume though you've already done that meaning the issue would stem from another add-on, like the FSNorthwest version that Rainer mentioned above.

Cheers, Holger

Well I disabled ultimate terrain Alaska and GEX N.America , flew to PAHO and thought I fixed it, because from a distance of 3 mile and greater the airport and runway look good. Closer then that that is when you notice the changes, and your right Neil its not a runway I'm seeing but ground scenery and textures, They sit about 20 feet above your runway and other ORBX files. Visually ORBX scenery is all that you see, but there must be other files because I crashed into an invisible something while I was taxing for take off .I'm deciding that I'm through trying to solve the problem. So far I have only seen this at the one airport. " PAHO'." I want to say THANK YOU" to Holger,Neil, and everyone else at ORBX for what you have done to bring my passion of flying as close to the real thing as possible.

Archived