AI Aircrafts in SAK?

DocBird

I enjoy flying in SAK but it is very very calm there...

Compared to Tongass, PFJ and PNW it is totally calm. No AI traffic at all.

Yes I have set my slider to 100 % of GA traffic and 15 % of airliner traffic.

I assume that the Orby-freeware-AI is not (yet) extended to SAK. Is that correct or do I do anything wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Doc

If you don't see any AI traffic in SAK, check your FTX AI traffic panel.

You might have the default traffic disabled.

I also have My Traffic 2013 hence I see traffic, but not much up there.

One of the things I've decided, due to the ambiguity of what traffic is going to show up where and when and at what density, is to mix my default FSX traffic, the traffic designed specifically with some of the ORBX payware airports, and the NA GA AI traffic freeware, with percentage settings down to around 16-20% overall.

This seems to get me at least a regular consistency of a certain amount of traffic everywhere I fly, without worrying about whether I last turned FSX traffic on or off, set the traffic settings too low, or high, etc. etc.

Given that FSX tends to take a while to generate the traffic after starting up, too, the end results are always kind of unpredictable, I've found. I showed up at KJAC one day and clearly it was International Fly-In Day, with so much GA traffic it was like lining up Xmas Eve on 42nd St. to get into Macy's, to get off the runway. And I couldn't get a word in edgewise with ATC, either.

Hi Doc

If you don't see any AI traffic in SAK, check your FTX AI traffic panel.

You might have the default traffic disabled.

I also have My Traffic 2013 hence I see traffic, but not much up there.

Thanks, Ramon, I will try that out.

One of the things I've decided, due to the ambiguity of what traffic is going to show up where and when and at what density, is to mix my default FSX traffic, the traffic designed specifically with some of the ORBX payware airports, and the NA GA AI traffic freeware, with percentage settings down to around 16-20% overall.

This seems to get me at least a regular consistency of a certain amount of traffic everywhere I fly, without worrying about whether I last turned FSX traffic on or off, set the traffic settings too low, or high, etc. etc.

Given that FSX tends to take a while to generate the traffic after starting up, too, the end results are always kind of unpredictable, I've found. I showed up at KJAC one day and clearly it was International Fly-In Day, with so much GA traffic it was like lining up Xmas Eve on 42nd St. to get into Macy's, to get off the runway. And I couldn't get a word in edgewise with ATC, either.

And I will see if I can find a well balanced Setting.

I wonder if Graham might be working on something for this area? Just a guess, but I'll say that it could be a possibility.

Brad

Yes, Brad, that would be wonderful! We are somewhat "spoiled" by the Orbx-freeware-AI-package aren't we? 8)

Archived