Tasmania shuts down Flight Simulator

psk2449

Back in November 2012 I posted that whenever I selected a Tasmanian airport to load, the "worm" loaded as far as 99% then shut down Flight Simulator back to the desktop. At that time I had just got my uk cd and prior to loading it, removed my UK VFR scenery. Weirdly,this apparently cured the Tasmania problem---- until now. Today I opened Flight Simulator and selected Launceston and it worked perfectly. I decided to change my aircraft, reloaded and the worm crashed out.The problem has returned. Experiment showed that this happened with all Tasmanian airports both in FSX and FTX. I have the Freeware YMLT loaded as well. I searched the computer to find where the freeware directory is but I cannot find it anywhere. Where can I find it? I looked in the event viewer which said it was an"Application Error ID 1000 (100) whatever that means. Strange that when I first selected Launceston it worked OK, then five minutes later crashed FS. This has me completely puzzeled. All other freeware works perfectly. Any suggestions as to why this seemingly random event occurs?

Do you have Orbx AI traffic installed? I remember I had similar problems in AU (in January), and I think either newer libraries or newer AI traffic updates helped & solved. So I would suggest to get the newest libs & AI packages first. Also: Try Tasmania with FTX set to Australia - and also set to default. Logically you should not have an Orbx related crash with all their functions disabled.

Let us know your findings!

Have loaded latest Traffic and latest library to no avail. I'm also getting a message when I first open FS that says "Scenery.CFG file error.Local Scenery(Addon Scenery\SCENERY) in scenery area 115 not found. (Click OK to continue)" . so something is obviously missing somewhere even with FTX set to Australia.

Thanks Wolter. Seems that I have a plethora of Scenery files in FSX. I have - OldScenery.CFG (6/2/2013), scenery.cfg (7/4/2013), and Scenery.cfg_ORBX_Backup.cfg. Which do I delete, Old Senery.CFG or scenery.cfg? I presume I go back to OldScenery. Incidentaly, where does one find the directory where Freeware downloads are located. Looks like I stuffed something up on the 7th.

switch FTX Central to default fsX,

Go to => C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX right click and open the scenery.cfg (7/4/2013) with notepad and check what scenery is listed under area 115, (would like to know which one went awol on you)

delete the scenery.cfg (7/4/2013),

the Scenery.cfg_ORBX_Backup.cfg leave it as is,

fire up fsX and it should rebuild a new scenery.cfg

close fsX

open FTX Central and select your preferred FTX Region, don't forget to hit the "Apply" button

Fire up fsX and all should be well again

Opened both and the OBYX Backup with notepad and oddly they all seem identical. It is only identified as Layer 115 Addon Scenery with no mention of what it actually represents. The "true/false" tags on both were identical.The actual format was:-

[Area.115]

Title=Addon Scenery

Local=Addon Scenery

Layer=115

Active=True

Required=False

I checked both AND ORBX Backup and they're all identical. I can't figure out what is different about them or what is missing..

I was wondering if maybe there was some sort of conflict between SP4 when added and the freeware of Tasmania that was already loaded. Just a thought. Don't know what directory its in.

Could you please state which other 3rd party addons you have installed ?

could you please try and via the scenery control panel in fsX disable all 3rd party addon sceneries by unticking the box in front of them.

there must be a scenery conflict somewhere, hence this method to establish this

just missed your post

AH ! If you have the Tasmania demo installed and did not remove that before installing the AU package then that's the issue

Hi,

me again ::)

probably best is to un-install the AU package and do a fresh re-install as the demo and the full package don't mix

set FTX Central to default

go to => .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU

delete the folders that start with FTXAU05_** up to FTXAU46_**

go to => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete the following files:

scenerylib_AU_BLUE.cfg

scenerylib_AU_GOLD.cfg

scenerylib_AU_GREEN.cfg

scenerylib_AU_RED.cfg

in the same folder you will find FTXConfigurator.exe rightclick and run as Administrator, you'll see nothing happen as it is a silent application

fire up fsX it will rebuild it's scenery database, run a check to see that the scenery is default fsX, close fsX

leave FTX Central set to default fsX

re-install the AU package

re-install the latest library files

and all should be well again

Phew!!! Terrifying stuff ----- But it worked! Tasmania is now with us. Thanks Wolter. I'd have never tried that without your guidence. With regard to the 115 thing, it's still there but, I remember once years ago with FS9 and XP that I got a similar message about the Los Angeles scenery. The scenery was there alright but for some reason it had dropped off of the opening numeration. It was just an annoyance that it had to be clicked on opening. I don't seem to be short of anything else so I'll just live with it. Again, thanks so much.

Seems I celebrated too soon. Started to operate OK. Had one flight then at second attempt, crashed after 3 minutes and back to desktop.. Now back to crashing as soon as the worm is 100%. Maybe I am missing something in this mysterious 115 layer. Sorry to be a pest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This must have something to do with FTX  Central. I have just discovered by accident that if FTX Central is set to Europe, Tasmania comes back! Weird. Maybe Central has relocated it. If Central is set to Australia, it crashes. At least I can access it now but why?

My apologies, somewhere I got lost in other things and completely missed out on your post, again my sincerest apologies for that.

did you install the AU SP4.002 files from the support page => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

if not then please set FTX Central to AU/ Oceania and install when finished also 

install the latest ORBXLIBS 130723 files make sure you get the full version not the core version

No problems mate. Before I posted the above I had run a program I recently bought called PC Matic which gives the computer a complete medical, registry, drivers,upload download, junk removal, the lot. It was after this that I noticed Tasmania had returned. Looks as if somehow Tasmania got misfiled in the original download and it found it and returned it to its correct home. Now I can get FTX Tasmania if FTX central is set to EU or AU! I have updated the OXYLIBS and the 002 files. So this great saga is finally resolved. Thanks for your help. Now I can go gliding in Tassie again. By the way, I highly recommend PC Matic by PC Pitstop. Does a marvelous tuneup. 

Archived