Not quite up to specs

Poider

G'day, Have just received my copy of FTXAUSP4 and have upgraded it to SP4.002, I installed Holgermesh, and a few free FTX and ORBX airfields , think I installed ORBXLIBRARIES 130320 I know I installed FTX Traffic right through to 3.23, Ozx 3.0 and 3.1 and ants airfield, I am keen to fly out of Coffs Harbour and the screen shots shown on the PC Aviator were enough for me to spend some money, but the picture below shows that clearly I have done some thing wrong.I have not yet downloaded OZx libraries or OZx v3.2 and v3.3, but then the screen shots do not specify that other software is needed to achieve the shown results. Can someone please tell me what I have missed or should I just reinstall the lot over again, Posted Image Peter

OK from what I can see in your screenshot YSCH has not been installed on your PC, that looks like FTX Australia default Coffs.

Can you check the FSX Scenery Library menu to see if there is an entry for YSCH in there, and if so, what files do you see in the FTXAA_YSCH folder in the ORBX\FTX_AU folder?

The only specific airports in the FSX settings scenery are ants aussie airports Boonah and ants aussie airports Warnervale my library reads

1 ants aussie airports

2 OZx aus

3 ants aussie airports Boonah

4 ants aussie airports Warnervale

5 FTXAA airports

6 FTXAA holgermesh

7 FTXAA OBXLIBS

then it goes on with roads, scenery, shores, custom, scenery, shores, custom, down to entry 21 which is Edwards AFB

I have checked my ORBX/FTX folder and there is nothing about YSCH

Peter

I am unsure of what you mean by scenery CP of FSX, I went into the fsx game and then went to settings and scenery library, and disabled every thing except FTX scenery, including all of the base settings etc, when I did that there were only three cities to pick for NSW and YSCH was not one, so I enabled the base settings again and just disabled the ozx and aaa entries but still flat islands

Peter

I hope this is not true, the PC Aviator website advertises this product with many screen shots and they show the above shot along with another angle of Coffs Harbour that is superbly detailed and there is no mention of the need for extra addonns.

They clearly state that you only have to install and activate and fly.

Below is a list of every file I have I will reinstall them all and in the order below (I think it is correct) and see what happens, do I need to download FSXSP2 as some people say it does not come with Acceleration?

FSX Gold Edition

FTXAUSP4 and SP4.002 Patch

FTXAUHOLGERMESH100SP3

FTXORBXLIBS 130320

FTXAU YPMQ

FTXAU YMLT

FTXAU YLIL

FTXAU YRED

FTXAU YBLN

FTXAU YPLC

FTXAU YCUN

FTXAUTRAFFIC320, 321, 322 and 323

AAAcomplete

AAA Boonah Airport

OZx Libraries 1.0 and 1.1

OZx V3.0 and V3.1

OZx V3.2 and V3.3

Do I need to do a registry cleanout between uninstalling and reinstalling, and if so is this an easy thing to do, or can I fix this without reinstalling?

Peter

They have shown Coffs Harbour in error on their website. YSCH was bundled over two years ago for a limited time with the FTX Australia SP3 DVD but that has not been the case for years now. I have asked Dean from PCA to edit his product page.

As a comparison there are no shots of YSCH in the FSS product page for FTX AU SP4 - http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1314

That is a shame I once lived n Coffs Harbour and seeing those screenshots of the area was the main reason that I purchased the upgrade so that makes me a very unsatisfied pc aviator customer.

Peter

Yes thank you Dean you beat me to it, and I am happy to say that PC Aviator is as good as their name and I will be back to purchase some aircraft and maybe some flight sim hardware.

Thanks again to the crew at PC Aviator and thank you Dean.

Peter

Archived