This is not the correct scenery for Newcastle NSW Australia

adamjedgar

I am flying over the city of Newcastle NSW Australia with Orbx scenery turned on and it most certainly is most definately not the city of Newcastle!!! (i checked Google earth photo for correct images and they are nothing alike!!!)

How does orbx develop its scenery...is it the actual scenery for the area of just pasted random images???

i would post images however it would seem that someone here doesnt want to spend the money to run their forum properly and so we all have to have our own URL's in order to link images now (absolute pain in the arse if you ask me and not at all satisfactory!)

Adam

Hi Adam,

not sure what you believe insulting people will get you...

In any case please post your order number(s) to receive support for our payware products as per this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Cheers, Holger

appreciate ur insight. however, it is not a support request! im angry that for the last few years i paid money for what i thought was photoreal scenery and, after taking an interest in photoreal scenery development recently, i have suddenly realised it is not! my understanding was photoreal imagines are accurate for the area you are flying in. am i mistaken in that definition???

it wont stop me buying orbx airport stuff as what you guys have achieved for flight sim is wonderful, however i would hope that the latest ftx australia imaging is lat and long accurate??? i have the ftx australia versions that were purchased individually as blue,green,red etc.

FTX has never ever claimed to be photo real, it is hand placed landclass with custom textures and hand placed autogen. This has been clear on the product since day one.

This is a support request as you are asking our developers to verify the accuracy of the long's and lats and to explain how the scenery is developed and it's accuracy.

Please add you order number as Holger asked. Until you can do this I am not sure there will be that many keen to help you out with your queries.

Archived