New Computer

cyberpilot

Hoping to get my new (much faster) computer up and running this weekend so that I can fully enjoy all the delights of FSX, FTX and OzX.

Could someone remind me of all the items I need to reinstall as well as the correct sequence in which they should be reinstallled.

For example I have FSX SP 1 and 2; Acceleration; all the FTX regions and all associated payware and freeware airports; Australian terrain mesh plus OzX airports and AI.

I know it sounds simple enough but a lot of these items have been updated or got patches and I want to make sure I get it right and leave nothing out.

I would also appreciate any advice on dealing with Vista which is my new operating system ... is it likely to cause any issues when installing all of these programmes?

Thanks.

Frank

Thanks Wolter.

I figured that was the way to do it but wasn't sure.

Could you remind me whether there's any particular sequence in which the FTX region packs should be installed?

I seem to remember reading something about Blue having to be installed before Gold or somesuch.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I would install as folllows:

fsX

SP1

Acceleration

make sure it's functioning OK, make you settings, tweaks etc etc

then install to FTX :

Holger's mesh or if you have another mesh scenery addon like FSGlobalX2008 you do not need it.

FTXAU_Blue v1.1 (no need for SP1 as this is allready v1.1)

Startup fsX let it rebuild it's Dbase

Shut Down fsX

AU BLUE Hotfix 1080.017

Shut Down fsX

FTXAU_Gold v1.0

Shut Down fsX

AU GOLD Hotfix 2000.001

AU GOLD Hotfix 2000.002

Shut Down fsX

FTXAU_Green v1.0

Shut Down fsX

AU GREEN Hotifx 3000.001

go for a flight :)

shutdown fsX and Defrag the whole :)

Now you can install all the rest of the FTX related sceneries ;D

and don't forget the OZx ones either ;)

good luck with the install, you'll be a wee bit busy with it, but it should buzz for ya after that ;D

Good on you Wolter.

You're a legend!

How do you think my new system is going to perform with FTX?

Here are the specs (to be honest it doesn't really mean a lot to me as I'm not savvy with these things ... I just take the advice of experts like yourself)

Intel quad core Q9550 12MB L2 Cache 1333 MHz FSB - 45NS computer system.

Intel EP45 Gigabyte Motherboard 500GB SATA 2 7200RPM HDD 512MB ASUS 4870 DDR5 PCI E graphics card [2X4] 8GB 800MHz DDR11 RAM 20X DVDRW Dual layer 24inch LG 246WH LCD Monitor (1920 X 1200) MS Windows Vista Home premium 64 Logitech Wireless USB Keyboard and mouse Thermal Take ARMOUR VX8000 Black P4 ATX Case with 430W power supply + Flexi Glow Xtreme Neon.

Do you see any issues?

Thanks.

Frank

lolz ............. Thank you Frank, you give me way to much credit ;D

As for the system performance ................... I dunno, I'm no clarevoyant :D but looking at the CPU and MoBo and RAM and VidCard, it better be bloody good,

alltough I think on the PSU side you're wearing a bit on the thin line, the VidCard likes it's juice and in this case plenty of it, in case you connect USB stuff get yourself an external USB box with an independant powersupply, saves on the resources for the system ;)

Hi Mitchell,

I'm committed now to the 430w PSU.

Will post if there are any issues.

Raised the matter with the guy building the computer but he convinced me to stay with 430.

Ah well, will soon find out as the new system should be up and running this weekend.

Frank

Archived