Uninstalling AU Holger mesh

84corvette

Sorry guys but after I installed the freeware Holger mesh for Australia I suffered a pretty big FPS hit in general and very erratic FPS numbers. As such I would like to un-install this software BUT do not want to uninstall anything else. Can someone please give me a step by step guide how to JUST uninstall the Holger mesh.

Cheers and apologise

Not sure how you would remove it, but I am fairly sure that the mesh itself is not the problem..Thousands of simmers have used it for years and I do not recall too many complaints.. Look to your system, or your method of installation first. Teecee.

Hi Tony,

as the others said terrain mesh files usually don't have any measurable impact on performance plus the AU mesh has quite low resolution in comparison to any of the mesh files included with our other region products.

Still, if you want to give uninstalling a try the proper procedure is:

1. Delete the entire "FTXAA_HOLGERMESH" folder in {FSX}\ORBX\FTX_AU\

2. Delete the "scenerylib_AU_HOLGERMESH.cfg" file in {FSX}\ORBX\Scripts\

3. In {FSX}\ORBX\Scripts\, right-click on FTXConfigurator.exe and select Run as Administrator; it's a silent operation meaning you won't see anything happening but next time you start FSX the FTXAA_HOLGERMESH entry will have been removed from your scenery library menu

Alternatively, a quick test is to temporarily deactivate (uncheck) the FTXAA_HOLGERMESH entry in your scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks guys, I did uninstall it, but will re install it and see if I get the same problem. Just for your information my FPS dropped by 5 - 6 points and became very erratic after I installed it. As mentioned, could have just been a bad install so will give it another go as it did look good!

Archived