SAK Installation Problems

markek

I am unable to install SAK and have searched similar forum entries but cannot find the same problem or where similar, recommended solutions do not work. The error message that I receive is: "on extracting an unspecified error is keeping you from copying this file....error code Ox80004005, unspecified error". I have attempted to download 6-7 times with the same results and have never had any problem with prior purchases (own all of the NA and US regions as well as all of the US airports.) I was able to successfully download SAK on my older computer. What I have tried besides the "normal/previous is: downloading to a large (32 gb) flash drive and using Internet Dowload Manager. I have a SSD with plenty of available space-195-200gb. I am using an Ethernet cable (the same as the old computer that downloaded successfully). I do not have antivirus software installed. Also, I can download smaller files without any issues so it seems to be related to larger file downloads. Please let me know what further information might be needed.

Hello Mark,

sorry to hear about your difficulties. You don't specify what extractor tool you're using (WinZip, RAR, etc.). Have you tried different tools?

The other issue could be that downloading multiple times may lead to the same (corrupted) results if you don't flush/clear your Browser cache in between attempts, or, at least, use different download managers (which would use their own local caches).

Cheers, Holger

I have cleared cache each time prior to re-downloading. I am using the Windows 7 built-in extractor and that's the same that worked on the successful installation on my old computer and has worked on all previous downloads. I hesitated the expense of buying a zip extractor, not knowing that it would solve my problem-particularly since it has been not needed previously. I will certainly do so if you feel that's the likely source of my problem-no pressure intended!

Downloaded PowerArchiver and get the following error while extracting: "There is a CRC error on file: C:\users\owner\downloads\compressed\ORBXFTXBlueSAK100.exe Volume:ORBXFTXNA Blue SAK100.zip. This was a fresh download of the scenery on a cleared cache.

Hi Mark,

that error message means that you never got a complete download. If you're not doing this already you should be using a (freeware) download manager that allows for resuming interrupted downloads, especially for those multi-GB files.

Cheers, Holger

I am using a download manager-one of those recommended at the download site-"Internet Download Manager"? At first, I tried without and then with a download manager. The old machine that I downloaded successfully on a test was "without"-interesting. By the way, the size of what it says it downloads looks right, for what its worth. I would think that with 8 now download attempts and using a download manager for 6 of these, it would get the complete download at least once.

Thanks for hanging with me guys-got closer but still not able to get it installed. On the most recent download, I was able to unwrap, get the splash screen but got a decompression error: ...SAK08_CUSTOM exture\04b2hwc.bmp. decompression error #2029.

Mark

Yes, I tried downloading the unzipped files from the old computer and transferring via zip drive to the current computer-same results. Unwraps, get splash screen and then approximately 1/2 way through installing, the decompression file error appears.

Mark

Hi Mark,

If you have tried multiple times to install, then, even if just one of those downloads and installation, was corrupt, then that can effect any further attempts. You say you have the 'fully extracted' files transfered to an external zip drive. Before attempting again, you should flush your system of all previous attempts, and clear out any possible corrupted download files. especially in the temp folders etc.

I came across this post which is to do with a different product, ::) some basic steps in dealing with same type of issue.

The hash checking tool will at least confirm your download.

Hope this helps.

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/error-2029-when-installing-gex_topic44633.html

Ron.

• 2 weeks later...

To close the loop for anyone searching for a solution to this issue-it was a bad memory stick in my computer. It has been replaced and download was subsequently successful. Thanks to all for the assistance.

Mark

Archived