FSWaterConfigurator

alehead

I've been around FS for years now, FSX the last 2-3 of them... seen things get better and better...

Only last night did I hear of this though. I read it on a thread here somewhere (to do with the inability to see photoreal masks of coastal water in SAK at the end of one of the many glaciers).

I don't know whose comment it was to trigger me, but I just ran the FSWC exe and the difference is night and day...

Whoever you are, wherever you are, a whole bunch of thanks go out to you... This has added yet another degree of realism to an already amazing experience.

If you do recognize your post, please drop me a line :)

A

Its a great app, and btw you can change the effect on the fly, just resize your FSX window after applying your settings in FSWC ;)

Using FSWC for a long time now. Did not know that tip. Thanks.

So is mine, but that has nothing to do with FSX or FSWC

So explain to me why FSWC has no effect in my version of FSX.

I thought it was a DX conflict

Quote from Striking Software website...

"FSWC+ is currently in development. It will feature many new controls and features as well as full Direct X 10 compatibility. In addition to the original controls from FSWC 3.15, FSWC+ will also include a new modification to the shader file to enhance the '3D' look of the waves and reflections and new controls including; base texture brightness and diffuse lighting dynamic responce."

If it isn't DX10 compatible now, how does one get it to work in DX11?

Your input is appreciated.

Hi mate,

FSX is a DX9 program, but this has nothing to do with what version of DX is installed on your PC

As for FSWC, I just install it, open up while FSX is running, select a predefined theme (Calm Ocean), then re-size the FSX window

I have latest DX installed in windows7, and use normal (DX9) FSX Acceleration pack

FSWC+ which has 'FSX DX10 preview mode compatibility' has not been released as far as I know

Are you using FSX 'DX10 preview mode' ?

Hi mate,

FSX is a DX9 program, but this has nothing to do with what version of DX is installed on your PC

As for FSWC, I just install it, open up while FSX is running, select a predefined theme (Calm Ocean), then re-size the FSX window

I have latest DX installed in windows7, and use normal (DX9) FSX Acceleration pack

FSWC+ which has 'FSX DX10 preview mode compatibility' has not been released as far as I know

Are you using FSX 'DX10 preview mode' ?

Nope, maybe I should download FSWC again and reinstall.

Well, that didn't work either.

It appears to have installed OK but after I hit "Apply" nothing changes.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Are you resizing the FSX window after applying FSWC theme settings as Tim points out?

Archived