Why Am I Hearing What Sounds Like Jet AI But....

fltsimguy

This scenery is spectacular! I am in flying heaven...its going to be hard to go back to ENG.

An issue I am experiencing is:

Flew and slewed from Juneau to Anchorage - Elmendorf AFB. At both airports I hear the whine of jet aircraft like they are taxing, so loud that I hear it clearly inside my cockpit....but there are no AI showing nearby?

Is there a sound effect that is active in these airports or others for effect only?

cheers.

Hi Brian,

I don't believe that Neil or Chris placed any sound effects at SAK airports. Are you using the AS Anchorage add-on? I've noticed the other day that both their train and the rail crossing signal were quite audible at a distance. Obviously that wouldn't be a factor at Juneau though.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I believe you are referring to Aerosoft Anchorage X? I looked it up, didn't know there was a PANC available. No, I do not have this product. I will take some time later today to see if I can "isolate" where /when this is happening....as I left Juneau the sound lasted a considerable amount of time before it faded. And on the other end as I made an approach over the water the sound kicked in again.

Archived