PNW Demo-FTX Light Tweaker

kwantz

Is the FTX Lights Tweaker tool not supposed to be functional in the Demo?

When trying to open the FTX Lights Tweaker from the FTX Central Tools dropdown menu I get the Error Encountered msg: "Error in procedure GetLightMode:Could not find the file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Simulator x\ORBX\Scripts\FTXStatus.cfg' I checked and, indeed, the file was missing and could not be located anywhere on my computer.

Hi kwantz,

that's a little odd because it's actually the lights tweaker tool (which should be fully functional in the demo) that generates the "FTXStatus.cfg" file. It could be that the error message actually indicates that there's a file write permission issue with that folder. In any case I've attached a copy of the .cfg file below; drop it into \ORBX\Scripts\ and see what happens.

Cheers, Holger

FTXStatus.zip

• 2 months later...

Hello Holger:

I also just experienced this error on an initial download of the Freeware PNW. Thinking I might have a corrupt DL, I re-downloaded the program from a different server. No change in the outcome. I still got the error message ending in "FTX Status.cfg". I applied the file you attached for Kwantz and it did allow the Lights Tweaker to appear, but when the Tweaker window appears on my desktop, there is a window (offset to one side) within a window. I tried to send a pic but got a message saying  "that option is not allowed in this community".

I can select a radio button but "Setup" does not function.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Chris

Archived