PNW Autogen missing

Kim Gowney

A strange anomaly North of Portland, Roughly between Scapoose Industrial and KHIO is a large area that has no autogen at all, not a single tree, or building, I also noticed a similar area to the south of KHIO as well, a city area devoid of any autogen, yet surrounding areas are populated correctly, trees and buildings.

I tried upping the density setting from normal to dense but still nothing appears. The first area is quite large, once you are well inside no autogen can bee seen at all.

Bit of a puzzler!

Lat and Long.

N 45 41.07 W 122 52.33

Hi Kim,

If I can jump in here, I remember seeing this mentioned awhile back and I'll bring this up to see if it might be the problem again. Somebody out there made a "Birds" scenery addon for the areas of North America that ORBX covers and I believe that the problem of missing autogen for users of that birds scenery, had issues because the designer failed to select the "Do Not Remove Autogen" option in Instant Scenery when they made that addon and so all the bird files that were placed in that scenery removed all the autogen inside the exclude boxes of the bird objects. Just a suggestion to see if maybe you have that offending birds scenery installed. If so, remove it and you'll probably get your autogen back.

Just a suggestion and If it's not, then I hope they can help you find a solution here. Stop by RTMM sometime.

Brad

Found the culprit Brad, not birds, but Airport wizard, though not by default, I had made changes to KHIO (taxi lines etc) and while the sim was running made a second alteration, I altered the width of the black lines, I got some error message, but the lines appeared straight away, I thought nothing of it, I thought that removing that file and then redoing it from scratch would resolved the anomaly, but only by pushing it further down the scenery list have I been able to fix it. An odd one for sure as the error had suppressed all autogen for about a 4 mile radius!

Nice to hear from you!

You got that right Holger, it was the airport Wizard, I had thought it to be due to the error, but it is still present until I put it below the PNW, I think I may have to ditch it.

Archived