Flights Within SAK ?

FSRobert

I just installed this EPIC scenery and am a bit in awe of the depth of it all.

With so much to explore and all the vistas to view,just woundering if anybody has flight sugestions between the 200+ airports/ strips within the region ?.

I just flew out of PANC and the runway in use was 35 so I headed North by Northeast in the ESDG CJ1+ and I can spend all weekend just in this area and not run of our of interesting looking airports. I am using some great moving maps that give me the choice of Alaska Sectionals or Alaska WAC in addition to all the standard google type aerial maps. I have an addon from FSWidgets that lets me add and remove the airport symbol with a single click and I use it to get a popup box with all the details of any airport of particular interest like the name of the airport, all the runway details, nav aids, freqs, etc. It sure make exploring the new area easy and fun. The speed of the twin-jet is great for touring the big country.

First stop was Palmer PAAQ, then I turned back West and stopped in at Wolf Lake 4AK6 . I chose to use August to see what the place looks like when green. No shortage of scenery or aiports in this area.

Nice mix of aircraft here.

Posted Image

Ray

in the SE areas: try a PAJN, Skagway, Haines, Gustavus, Hoonah circuit. further to the NW, yakutat, icy bay, cordova, valdez. there are a TON of airports in the anchorage/wasilla area, I like the area around McCarthy and St Elias natl park the best so far though, lots of mountains and glaciers! you can't really go wrong though anywhere...

Archived