FTX Lights Tweaker keeps crashing

utley

Ive been having continuous problems with Lights Tweaker for some time now, and just recently am now trying to get this fixed. I have no idea whatsoever what could be causing this problem, it crashes almost instantly when it tells me the lights were changed. It doesnt change the lights at all, it just continues to crash.

Running Avast, Spybot S&D2, with UAC turned off, and running FTX Lights Tweaker in administrator mode. I have also tried the advice in this thread here, and the appropriate file is where it should be. I am using the latest orbx libraries.

http://www.orbxsyste..._kernelbase.dll

#- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro...08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-24T00:47:53.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>18962</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Utley-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>FTXLights.exe</Data>

<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>47c5f65e</Data>

<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.18015</Data>

<Data>50b8479b</Data>

<Data>e0434f4d</Data>

<Data>0000000000009e5d</Data>

<Data>14b0</Data>

<Data>01ce28293418c5d3</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXLights.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>755fcd60-941c-11e2-957f-50e549c6b3e8</Data>

</EventData>
</Event>

Hi there,

no idea, sorry. However, I've searched our forum for the faulting "KERNELBASE.DLL" and it came up with one other hit: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/50902-ftx-central-crash-with-new-libraries-installed/page__hl__kernelbase.dll

If that doesn't help do a Google search for "KERNELBASE.DLL" and "FSX" and see if anything pops up that looks familiar to you.

Cheers, Holger

Ive searched this forum for the kernelbase.dll, and that was the only thread Ive seen. The library file is present, so it doesnt apply to me, unfortunately. All other google searches leads me to an FSX 64 bit crash, but its not FSX that is crashing. Its just the Lights Tweaker, and nothing else. I cant fix the lights because it crashes after hitting apply, and Ive reinstalled FSX and all ORBX products a few times trying to find out why its not working.

Very odd issue indeed :(

However you can manually change them.....within FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Lights...

You'll see numbered folders 4-12, these change the size of the lights, manually drop these effects into FSX/Effects

The halo folders 1-6 contain the type of halo, these can be dropped manually into FSX/Effects/Texture

Archived