Unable to write cache file

tuisong

I have taken the plunge and started to install my FTX scenery into P3D. While P3D started up OK with no addons, now that I have installed FTX NZNI (the only one I have tried so far), when I try to start P3D I get the following message:

"Unable to write cache file:C:\ProgramData\lockheedmartin\PrepP3D\sceneryindexes\filelist00001. You must log on as a user with write permission. Destination drive may be full or set to read only, or a file with the same name may already exist. Click abort to exit"

I always get logged on as administrator so I assume I have writ permission. The drive is nothing like full and certainly not read only. The above file exists but surly I don't go deleting file willy nilly.

Can someone please help me, as I have no idea at all what to do. :-[:-X

Right click on the file you are trying to open and select 'run as administrator'

Even though you log on as admin. in win 7, if you have the UAC set to on, you are not running in that mode.

Ron.

Right click on the file you are trying to open and select 'run as administrator'

Even though you log on as admin. in win 7, if you have the UAC set to on, you are not running in that mode.

Ron.

Thanks Ron. I hate to sound dumb, but how do I turn user account control off. And I'm not sure I want to open any files, when I have opened the above file there was nothing that made any sense to me. Surely the programmes should be doing any writing/amending that needs doing.

UAC prevents some of our stuff from working,

To turn it off ... hit the start button and type in UAC... follow the prompts, and reboot after turning it off

Thanks Tim I will try that.

Ron.

UAC prevents some of our stuff from working,

To turn it off ... hit the start button and type in UAC... follow the prompts, and reboot after turning it off

I had actually tried moving the slider to the bottom in the UAC before, however, it didn't help.

To day I fiddled around and right clicked on the P3D icon, went to properties - compatibility, and found the 'run as administrator box' which I checked. And that has solved the problem. Maybe I missed something when I installed P3D. Anyway thank you both for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it.

Archived