I think this is the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park

Posted Image

Still no whales so I turned inland to land at Rockhampton

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rockhampton, another very attractive airfield

Posted Image

Sorry about the wall to wall blue skies but that's what you get flying in real world weather in Australia.  I wouldn't mind

but I was using FEX with plenty of cloud too! ::) 

One thing I was happy about.  I haven't been satisfied with the water I've been getting, especially

the animation, so I turned the settings back from High 2X which I think showed the water too smooth, if you know

what I mean, to Low 2X for this trip and I must say I think its much better.  I would like more control over the colour though.

I really like the wave effect up the beaches Orbx have included.  This whole program is so much better than the American

GEX/UTX combination with one exception.  UTX does provide the possibility to adapt, for instance, among a whole raft of

other things, the waterclass, or parts of it, can be made inactive giving the opportunity to use programs like FSWC and FEX

more effectively.

I suppose I'll be in trouble now for using the wrong forum! :-[;)

John

Thank you ImageShack - good job as usual,

Hi John - I think I may have to come and see you to sort your water out [if you want?]. Are you sure your not still using UTX water themes? does changing FEX themes make any difference to the colour?

If you take a look at the designer in FEX, you will see you can have any colour water you like - though it is a fiddly process to get a good all round water theme using it.

Well Mark, you know you're welcome any time.  You only have to say you're coming mate.  As usual we'll fill yours and your family's stomachs, although yours is rather more ample than the family so takes more to fill! ;D

I'm at the stage I'm at with FSWC/FEX and at the moment seem to be a bit stuck on the creative side.  Truth is, I don't really know what I'm doing when I go into the designer part.  And no, I haven't got any of the UTX waterclass active.  That wouldn't affect Australian waters though would it?

So, if you could come and give me a lesson, I will be really grateful.  I don't think there'll be any beach activity though.  This autumn has trurned to winter with a vengeance and the rain has been pouring down it seems for days and it's so cold with gale force winds every other day it seems.  There, that'll make the Aussies amongst us jealous! ???

John

PS - I suppose while you're here I couldn't persuade you to overclock my Q6600 just a little bit more to say 3.2 Ghz could I? ;)

Nice screens!

Just with regard to disabling waterclass - that would have zero bearing on FSWC or FEX water - waterclass simply defines what type of water is called for ocean, rivers, inland lakes etc. You would still be able to define how your blue and brown water looks using the FEX tool, and how the shaders operate on them using the FWSC tool. We've created the waterclass for much of Australia to accurately represent the type of water which is there. So using FWSC and FEX will only enhance that waterclass further. Hope this explains it a little better?

Archived