Where is Mt. hood as seen from RWy10 KPDX?

hesynergy

Am I missing something? did I install PNW corrrectly?

My Scenery .cfg seems to say so...post-18216-0-81369000-1363393493_thumb.j

.....check this out

then....this

post-18216-0-37332200-1363393124_thumb.j

See anything Missing???

Search Google for Portland and you will see many shots of a HUGE Mt. Hood in the background....my screenshot was set to the upload date of the Vid Feb5 2012...I have yet to find ANYthing that approximates Mt. Hood as seen from Portland via a google image search, in FTX PNW....soooooooooooo....WTF?

Is it me?

Is it P3d???

Is it Orbx?...

or all three?

Chas

FSS0204119

Hi there,

please look here about uploading screenshots: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Regardless, Mount Hood is very much visible from Portland in PNW and looks quite stunning, especially when illuminated at sunset. Obviously, whether you see the mountain or not depends on cloud cover and atmospheric visibility. From my house I have a direct view of Mount Baker, about 70 miles due east, a similar situation as Portland and Mount Hood. However, weather prevents me from seeing it most days.

Cheers, Holger

• 3 weeks later...

Note...if this !@#$%^&! board allowed deletes and edits on my original, I woulda...

...and thanks for the feedback and heads up on proper image posting technique

Am I missing something? did I install PNW corrrectly?

My Scenery .cfg seems to say so...Posted Image

.....check this out

then....this

Posted Image

See anything Missing???

Search Google for Portland and you will see many shots of a HUGE Mt. Hood in the background....my screenshot was set to the upload date of the Vid Feb5 2012...I have yet to find ANYthing that approximates Mt. Hood as seen from Portland via a google image search, in FTX PNW....soooooooooooo....WTF?

Is it me?

Is it P3d???

Is it Orbx?...

or all three?

Chas

FSS0204119

Hi Chas,

the most obvious thing that seems to be missing from your screenshot is PNW! Assuming that the installation is OK then one or more of those 20+ entries above the FTX block must be excluding the FTX components because that sand-colored area is definitely not ours. Also, it looks like you're suffering from a bad case of the "blurries". The PNW manual includes some tips for suitable display settings depending on your type of PC/laptop.

As for the missing mountain it looks like your current weather has a visibility limit of <60 miles or so, which would prevent Mt. Hood from displaying. As you can see in Dave's screenshot, it's definitely there and should, in fact, even be visible in default FSX provided you have long-distance visibility, for example by clearing all weather.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Chas,

the most obvious thing that seems to be missing from your screenshot is PNW! Assuming that the installation is OK then one or more of those 20+ entries above the FTX block must be excluding the FTX components because that sand-colored area is definitely not ours....

Cheers, Holger

hey Holger, thanks for the speedy reply!

As you can see, all the UTX files are on top, meaning to me they take priority.

Posted Image

Do i understand yo to say that i must disable the entire United States infra-structure afforded by UTX, just to run Orbx PNW properly?

Also, can you identify the cause of the caution message below?

Posted Image

Thanks,

Chas

P3d weenie

Hi Chas,

as for UTX compatibility and placement in the scenery library menu please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17121-ultimate-terrain-x-usacanada-and-ultimate-alaska-x-compatibility-with-ftx-pnw-pfj-and-nrm/

I'm not very familiar with P3D (we have a separate support subforum for it) but the message indicates that you're running an outdated version of P3D; please make sure you've installed the latest update for it. My version of is Prepar3D.exe reads "1.2.3253.0" (right-click on the .exe then select Properties and the Details tab) and I'm not even sure that is the latest update.

Cheers, Holger

Archived