Is this little hideaway in SAK?

ba43

Never had any interest to go to this small island in the far reaches of the North Pacific Ocean. But with SAK coming, now I do. Middleton Island (PAMD) http://www.airnav.com/airport/PAMD

I am betting that this little rock out in the middle of the ocean is in SAK. It has a small gravel airstrip and it's own VOR/DME. I know there's probably not much to see but it could be an interesting destination. It used to be a USAF early warning radar station. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middleton_Island_Air_Force_Station

It's been deserted for decades now though. Hmmm... Blowing wind sounds and seagulls would be good here. I wonder if the old buildings are in SAK's version? If not, then that's something to do. Tent campers? Anglers? Hmm.

Brad

Cant stand the excitement Brad.

But if ORBx wont/"can do them all", i bet, that some other enthusiasts will create something there 8) i guess.

Ive just purcased Flight1s ObjektStudio and Instand scenery2 and looking at the Airport facilator!?

I almost got all ORBx, OZx and RTMM and love them all, but i think that it will be fun to create some

airports &/ scenery by myself and with ORBx Global upcomming, there will be

plenty of room to do so. ::)

Best Regards

Henrik

Cant stand the excitement Brad.

But if ORBx wont/"can do them all", i bet, that some other enthusiasts will create something there 8) i guess.

Ive just purcased Flight1s ObjektStudio and Instand scenery2 and looking at the Airport facilator!?

I almost got all ORBx, OZx and RTMM and love them all, but i think that it will be fun to create some

airports &/ scenery by myself and with ORBx Global upcomming, there will be

plenty of room to do so. ::)

Best Regards

Henrik

Great idea, Henrik. Don't forget, we now have a relatively new Community Scenery Addons forum right here at Orbx. Seems like an ideal place to post any of your own scenery that is designed to compliment or enhance what Orbx provides.

Stan V

Sorry to say Stan, but the right place to post/divide (your one scenery), for the moment, will be at OZx or RTMM or other , becourse ORBx is a/the buis(s)ness part, of some "old friends dream of ", "the perfect flight-

Sim machine", as i understand the buisiness concept, so far.

Henrik

Henrik,

I think you are free to post your file anywhere you would like under this concept. If you do post elsewhere, however there is still a place here to list the filename and a website reference where you posted. It's a win-win situation. My main interest is that if authors do this routinely, I and others can find out about these files from one location without searching many other sites and can hunt them down if interested.

Stan V

Yes you are so right, but the scenery (postet here,in this forum, must contain some ORBx scenry/ORBx Airplane(Lancair) or at least ORBx BOB?? ::) as i understand.

And ZIP-files, of your own creation, do not contain any ORBx files/scenery.

But JV himself, have permit this new feature himself, and i, ofcourse like it.

Henrik

Henrik,

I think maybe you misunderstood John Venema's rules. He specifically said the original scenery posted here cannot use Orbx libraries and that seems to me to exclude actual Orbx scenery products/libraries. The reason for that is clear if you stop and think about it. Orbx does not want to get in the business of supporting third party software. You are free to use other libraries, but of course, to be meaningful in this forum, the new scenery element(s) should compliment, i.e., enhance, a scenery location in one or more Orbx scenery areas. For example, there have been references in other threads to bridges and piers in England as well as added seaplane bases and lighthouses in Alaska that were out of the scope of Orbx's design but which some users obviously missed seeing and wanted to add to provide increased realism. The one user original file that is in the Addon Scenery subforum already is an addition to Orbx's North America scenery. This can be a treat for us all if we take advantage of it.

Stan V

Archived