EGFF AFD file

Hi

Are all commercial gates available to AI commercial traffic at EGFF? I use UT2 and I have not seen any other gates used than the one farthest to the east. I have tried many different days and times and only the one gate is used. I figured the lack of parking space might be the reason for never seeing more than one airliner at EGFF.

Kind regards

Mikael Cedergren

Stockholm, Sweden

hello, i dont have Wales yet so cant check the AFD file for you, but if you look at this link, the first screen shot has (although default) AI traffic in 3 parking spaces, i believe the rest are static models.

/>http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/55565-ftx-eu-wales-egff-cardiff-international-final-apron-shots/

I do own UT2 though, maybe you could have a look at the printable timetable for EGFF and see how many aircraft should actually be there at a set time. Then from there onwards if there is more than 3 user parking spaces it will start getting a bit more technical to do with things within the AFD file, like parking spot size, ai aircraft wingspan etc etc.

Thanks John for your reply. I did that but doesn't help. Those gates used for Static aiircraft when disabled are always empty. Might it be that the parking radius (when designed in the AFD program for EGFF) is too small and therefor no airliners park there perhaps?

In any case Wales is a great area and I really love it so far.

Cheers

Mikael Cedergren

Unfortunately I am away from home and therefore my FSX computer for a few days but from memory the Non Statics APX has about seven 18 mtr parking spots which are suitable for B737's and A320's, two 24 or 26 mtr parking spots which will take aircraft up to B767's and one 31 mtr parking spot to accommodate aircraft up to A330's. There are also a number of smaller parking spots to accommodate the Dash 8's etc. Most parking spots are coded to match the Airlines frequenting Cardiff.

If this is inadequate, let me know and I will see what I can do in the next SP.

Archived