Your Favorite Places to Fly in the PNW

Delta747Man

Hello everyone! I was just looking for any suggestions you guys had for places to fly in the PNW, ideally your favorites. I really like the scenery and I have a couple airports, but I am going to start a tour and I was wondering if you could point me to some of the most beautiful places. :) So far I have explored most of WA and northern OR. In those areas, besides my high detail airports, I particularly like PAE, Olympia/Nisqually area, Pierce County, Portland, Hoquiam, Bellingham, and the islands in Puget Sound. Most of the part of OR I flew over is trees, trees, and more trees. :P

My favourite areas to fly are the Olympic Peninsula, Vancouver Island, the area between Scar Creek and Pemberton and the Cascade Range with all the volcanos. It's near the border to CRM but still a great flight. Try a flight from Ranger Creek to McKenzie Bridge State. There is a great freeware addon from Oz for Ranger Creek.

My favourite areas to fly are the Olympic Peninsula, Vancouver Island, the area between Scar Creek and Pemberton and the Cascade Range with all the volcanos. It's near the border to CRM but still a great flight. Try a flight from Ranger Creek to McKenzie Bridge State. There is a great freeware addon from Oz for Ranger Creek.

Yes, Karsten, that is sure a nice corner of PNW. I however also like the Olympic Peninsula. As I installed Cushman, Anacortes and Darington this weekend I had a nice tour from Bowerman to Cushman to Anacortes to Concrete to Darington and finally to Orcas Island. That is PNW in all its beauty. I love the payware airports. They spoil you somehow...

Hop the San Juan Islands.

Anything in the Pemberton - Abbottsford - Hope - Lilloet square. Awesome peaks and canyons. There is also a non-Orbx Chilliwack that works well with ORBx PNW. Recommended.

Anywhere in Vancouver Island. Lots of neat places to visit.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will check those areas out, I already do a fair amount of flying over the Olympic Peninsula.

@Doc: I too love the payware strips, even if I only have two, bet hey, more to come when my wallet recovers from cardiac arrest. By the way, how do you like Darrington and Orcas? I am thinking those might be my next two airports.

@Chunk: Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out! I haven't explored North Bend yet, so that is next up.

@Alex: I will definitely try the San Juan's, I was just around NUW the other day.

Thanks so much for the suggestions :) , anyone else feel free to chime in.

My most favorite place to fly in PNW happens to be the main valley at Scar Creek up north of Vancouver, B.C. I think that it has some of the most breathtaking scenery in the entire world and I highly recomend it. The view of the mountains there are absolutely stunning!! I also like flying around anywhere in the Washington State countryside, the Cascade Mountains, and the Oregon Valley between the cities of Portland and Eugene. Lots of spectacular scenery in those areas. The Columbia River Valley is also really awesome to fly through. You might want to check that area out as well.

Just adding my own two cents worth.

Best regards.

Anywhere along the Columbia River or the Cascade volcanoes.

Walter Sutton's to Mount St. Helens is a treat in any season.

Orcas Island is great also.

Flying along the Columbia River is great.

Archived