Problem with lights at YBCS

Niels Petersen

Hi

I am experiencing problems with the lights at Cairns (YBCS) at dusk, night and dawn. It used to work, and I am not aware of any installations that I have made, that should have caused this. I am running FSX acceleration and REX Essentials.

I have tried uninstalling YBCS completely (using the guide found here at forum) and I have searched the FAQ, but no luck.

The lights works fine at Tamworth, Avalon and Alice Springs.

Apart from that, it is absolutely astonishing! It has made FSX an entirely new simulator.

Best

Niels

Posted Image

UPDATE:

This is only happening for the green and blue lights on the taxiways. The white lights at the runway looks normal.

I have tried to use the ORBX Light tweaker, but it does not have any effect on the problem. In the matter of fact, I can not see any changes, when I use the light tweaker or for that matter, the day vs night light function. What lights should be changed? Runway lights, apron lightning, aircraft lights or whatever?

Please enlighten me 8) (sorry!)

Best Niels

Hi Niels,

I had the same exact problem.

Jarrad (the developer of YBCS) will respond soon and can provide you with a modifed version of the lights. I found the modified version was a definite improvement over the original (but still not exactly as I would of preferred).

Rgds,

Steve

G'day Neils,

Apologies for the delay in my response - I've been out of town for the last week and missed your post. As Steve correctly points, I have posted some alternative taxi lights in another topic here - just be sure to make backups of any files you wish to replace. If can be of any help with this, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jarrad

G´day Jarred

No worries - I have just been away on a holiday a few days myself. The dds files from the other post worked very well. Thank you.

Keep up the good work - Cairns is absolutely fantastic. I can still find new details, that I haven´t noticed before.

Cheers

Niels

Archived