Sharing Violation error message

Lee H

Having recently downloaded and installed a couple of updates for my FSX Orbx sceneries, I go to run the latest FTX Library file and it won't install saying there is a sharing violation while accessing Orbx/Scripts/FTX Configurator and shuts down. I've never seen that one before. What is that about? How do I repair that? I do have an insertion point selected in FTX Central and normally it works fine. Why suddenly the error message? I am using your most current updated library file.

Lee

After thrashing around with this issue for awhile, it turns out that I discovered that there were older versions of FTX Central and FTX configurator and so forth in the Scripts directory. When the installer for the latest library encountered them it crashed. I removed the entire set of offending files and let a couple of re-installs of a couple of good updates followed by the letting latest library file install the latest versions of those files. Strange how the older ones were there, but cleaning them out and doing a fresh set install seemed to take care of the problem. Perhaps you can make something of that and consider the issue for future updates.

Lee

Archived