new system

craig

Hi just purchase my new system and pick it up thursday  so happy cant wait .what do you think  . Her are the specs

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.16GHZ 1333MHZ 775 CPU 6M

GIGABYTE GA- EP-45-DS3 P45 D2 PCLE/S2/1394 775

KINGSTON 4GB DDR-800 PC 6400 DUAL CHANNEL KIT

ASUS GF9800GTX + DARK KNIGHT EDITION 512MB DDR3 HDMI PCLE VIDEO CARD

SAMSUNG 500 GB 16M SATA II HARD DISK DRIVE

SONY 20X SATA D/L DVD+/RW DVDRW  OEM NERO 8 ESSENTIALS

CORSAIR HX-620 PSU W CABLE MANAGEMENT

ANTEC THREE HUNDRED TOWER GAMING CASE

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THI SYSTEM

Hi Craig,

I think this system should do pretty well.  I have a 8400 3.00Ghz CPU, the same HD as you, 4 Gig of RAM and a 8800 GT video card and my system does pretty well, slows down around dense scenery like YMML but nothing major still flyable and enjoyable.  Even around YMML I don't back off the graphics and autogen much at all.  Enjoy.  What OS are you using?  I have been running XP Sp3 but are building Vista 64 on a separate partition at the moment so I can use my RAM to the fullest.

GaryT22

Looks pretty good to me.  By the way, there's a limit to the RAM that FSX can use.  The system itself uses a lot of it, so you don't get all 4GB-probably somewhere in the region of 2.5-2.8 only.  Mind you, its a lot better than for someone who only has 2 or 3GB to start with.

John

. Her are the specs

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.16GHZ 1333MHZ 775 CPU 6M

GIGABYTE GA- EP-45-DS3 P45 D2 PCLE/S2/1394 775

KINGSTON 4GB DDR-800 PC 6400 DUAL CHANNEL KIT

Hi Craig - As you can see from my specs below one of my rigs is almost identical to yours but I'm using a Vista 64 bit OS - what's will yours be? Mine goes really well using a GTX280 card which replaced an 8800GTX which also performed well, so yours should be A1 when you tweak it. I don't know a lot about computers, but strangely enough I seem to get best results by just using tweaks through the FSX game panel rather than using the Nvidia control panel - although this may only be a reflection of my level of experience - the experts recommend different strategies.  ;)

Archived