PNW upgrade quality something missing

okphillip

I just bought my first ORBX product but am not really impressed with it. I installed NA Blue PNW. I understand it is outstanding but I'm not seeing that. Is there something I;m missing? It appears to be installed properly in my scenery liibrary with boxes checked. i did have trouble loading it originally with FTX Central but that seems to be resolved.

Any ideas? How good should it look over UTX and GEX. Right now it's very blurry and only detailed in a very small area mostly underneath plane while flying.

Im running it on an i7 3.4 ghz.

phil

Hi Phil,

I just got PNW two days ago. Take a look in the screenshots part of the forum. I've added some pictures there (the latest set is the "pic'n'mix" one) - but you'll find any number of sets which can show you what the scenery should (and can) look like.

Cheers

Mallard

Hi Phil,

I would say: everything less then spectecular points you to the direction that something is broken in you installation ... 8)

Thanks to the motivated team your FSX will soon be up and running correctly, I bet!

Once so far: Enjoy it!

BTW: Welcome to the world of ORBX!

Yes. Originally when I would select North America the computer would start to load it but would never complete the load so I would just have to shut off FTX Central. I then did a fix that I read about on here because I was getting an unhandled exception error. It now loads and says North America is the active region but again I don't see where the money went :)

You arent supposed to leave FTX Central open while loading FSX.

Check your error log. You can find one (windows 7) by clicking the start menu, control panel, administrative tools, event viewer. Find the app crash or error log that relates to your problem, and see if you can post it here.

Archived