"Unhandled exception has occurred..."

Ragnar45

Greetings!

I have a PC running Windows 7 (64bit). I bought FTX NA Blue USA /Canada Pacific Northwest from the FlightSim Store on Monday, installed and loaded it. Whenever I attempt to activate the NA scenery, I get the following message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

The pertinent error message reads:" Could not find part of path 'C:/Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml"

I have checked the web, and there seem to be a fair amount of these problems, but I haven't found any solutions. Would you please assist me in solving this problems?

Thank you.

Rainer Klauss

Wolter,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can certainly create the notepad file and rename it. I notice, however, that I have no "Backup" folder within the Scripts folder. Is it ok to create that, too? So there aren't any other files within that Backup folder besides the default file? I'm wondering too why this Backup folder wasn't created by the installation program?

Thanks for the help and any further explanation. I look foward to see what NA Blue looks like once things are straightened out.

Regards,

Rainer

• 1 year later...

Archived