Orbx FTX Wales Release: Sightseeing Flight Plans

DjMatty2k9

Hello fellow Pilots!

Awaiting the release of Orbx FTX: EU Wales I have been preparing two flight plans which will cover the whole of Wales.

I have decided to share these two rather long, hectic and relaxing sightseeing routes with you.

Here are two screenshots (Pink Line is the Route):

Route 1: Caernarfon - Cardiff

Posted Image

Route 2: Valley - Valley (The Long Way Round) :PPosted Image

The links below are the two files required to load the Flight Plans into SkyDemon you can then create a PLOG in which you can print off.

Simply load these files up in SkyDemon:

Route 1 Download Link: Here

Route 2 Download Link: Here

Hope You Enjoy!

Matt Lloyd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Matt!

Just found this topic here!

Thank You very much for the routes shown above!

I will surely give it all a try once "real world weather" is more stable and friendly again over longer periods than it currently is.

But then i'll go flying along this routes - low and slow for sure! ;)

Thank You very much again for sharing!

Cheers, Christoph

Hey Matt!

Just found this topic here!

Thank You very much for the routes shown above!

I will surely give it all a try once "real world weather" is more stable and friendly again over longer periods than it currently is.

But then i'll go flying along this routes - low and slow for sure! ;)

Thank You very much again for sharing!

Cheers, Christoph

You're very welcome Christoph.

I haven't yet had a chance to fly these routes myself due to studies. But hopefully I will during the Summer months.

I hope you enjoy them! ;)

Cheers,

Matt.

You're very welcome Christoph.

I haven't yet had a chance to fly these routes myself due to studies. But hopefully I will during the Summer months.

I hope you enjoy them! ;)

Cheers,

Matt.

Hello Matt!

I am sure i will enjoy it all!

Thank You very much again for sharing ... and i will also now have a close look at Skydemon - sounds quite interesting actually!

Thank You very much for sharing this info here as well!

Happy flying and safe landings,

Christoph

• 1 month later...

Sky Demon is an annual subscription, can these be redone to work with something free, like PlanG or the default flight planner?

I've made the first one (Caernarfon - Cardiff) available as an FSX *.pln file in PlanG, available (zipped up) here: .zip file download link (less than 1kb)

When I get home from work later on, I'll work on getting the second one done (it's a bit more involved... )

I've made the first one (Caernarfon - Cardiff) available as an FSX *.pln file in PlanG, available (zipped up) here: .zip file download link (less than 1kb)

When I get home from work later on, I'll work on getting the second one done (it's a bit more involved... )

Thanks for contributing to these flight plans Monte, it'll be handy for people to be able use them within FSX itself! :)

Cheers,

Matt.

Took a bit longer than I had anticipated to do the second one. Seems there were (more than) a few way points to plot. 8)

Here's a look at the flight plan as PlanG shows it :

vfr_valley_to_valley_wales_tour_plan.png

Here's the zipped-up flight FSX *.pln flight-plan file: http://smsp.org/sandy/files/fsx/VFR_Valley_to_Valley_Wales_Tour.zip

Thanks for this intriguing flight idea, Matt. I hope to get this entire flight done soon. :)

Archived