1st time user trouble with south island new zealand

macro

Hi , i would love some help. after installing fsx gold edition on my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I ran the installer on the south Island NZ package I downloaded earlier. All seems normal untill I wish to click appy button after selecting ociania, I get and error message reading

FTX central

unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore the error and attempt to contiune.if you click quit the application will close immediatley.

could not find a part of the path C:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X\ORBX\scripts\backup\BLDA2.dds'.

If I click continue I get the blue circle for ever and nothing happens.

Any help would be much appricated.

I imagine Im doing something very basic wrong here.

Cheers to all who read this

I had a similar problem with FTX Central after installing the NZSI SP2.

It was working fine before NZSI SP2, but after putting on NZSI SP2, FTX Central was giving me an Unhandled Exception error.

The fix for me was to install the latest ORBX library files. As soon as that was done, FTX Central began working again.

Hello Dom. How did you get on? I had that error after installing PNW. It was my fault this time around, the install process confuses the hell out of me. I had hit the Finish button on the wrapper before finishing the installer. In the end I had to remove the files and reinstall. That worked until I put the cumulative patch in then FSX simply wouldn't load the files and stopped working altogether. Another remove/re-install later without the patch and PNW works just fine. Fingers crossed.

That said, it isn't often that you have to Google how to remove a program, there is no uninstall button on ORBX software, not on PNW at any rate.

Archived