FTX Central - switching to default (texture issue)

shedman51

Hi Folks, I'm in the habit of creating textures for both the default and ORBX in my airfields but I've discovered that switching back to the default does not change the tinting back to original. In Western Australia, I get a large green square in the middle of my sunburnt country and of course my airport stands out like a sore thumb. I can fix it by reinstalling FSX with SP1 and SP2 but what a chore. Have I overlooked something?

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, 60 reads and no replies so obviously FTX central does not actually restore the default scenery completely. I have reinstalled FSX to original and will now have to retint all 116 airfields. I thought I'd made the tinting mistake. No wonder I was getting all those emails. Obviously I can't tint any ORBX sceneries until I've done all the rest without losing my correct textures. What a bummer!

Alan

I have ORBX and OZX installed. In Western Australia, when I return to default textures leaving OZx on, the ORBX trees and scenery clear but the ground colours remain the same. I can fix it by uninstalling SP2 and FSX then reinstalling FSX, SP1 and SP2. The only other landclass installed is OZx_Extras which include Tom Price and Newman in WA. I try to keep as close to default or clean ORBX for tinting purposes.

Alan

Hi Alan,

that's definitely not the way FTX AU behaves and thus there must be something wrong with your installation. When you switch FTX Central to Default FSX the entire block of FTX entries in your scenery library menu should disappear. If that's the case then our ground textures can no longer display because they are contained within those scenery library entries that were deactivated meaning the default ground textures in Scenery\World exture will be used again. Now, if you're using a globally active texture replacement add-on, like FSceneX or GEX, then some or all of those textures in \Scenery\World exture would no longer be default. However, none of those would be FTX AU textures.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, There may be something lurking that I've not switched off but just to be safe, I'll update all my default fields first then do all my ORBX versions in one block. By the way, I love your work with the mesh and I'm sure it's appreciated universally.

Alan

Archived