Elevation issues in FTX NA (Orcas, Fall City...)

alexf

I haven't visited the area in 3 months or more as I was flying in England and then for a month all over Australia (no issues in either one).

Reset FTX Central to NA and started at Orcas. Big trough next to the runway on the whole length off the runway! Then I started a flight in Fall City and it has big wholes at the start f runway and most of the houses are in a big hole.

I do not remember having installed much in the area. I did some installation of freeware airfields in Australia and Norway but not NA. Maybe I did install some other scenery? I will have to search the Addon Scenery folder. Question, is, what to look for in BGL files to temporarily turn off to fix the problem.

Note that I had not had this problem before when flying in that area so it is fairly new.

Advice?

Alex

Hi Alex,

When you switch regions do you go via default or directly?

I suspect somewhere the elevation adjustment files got tangled

Switch to NA and then check at .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery if all NA related files that start with ADE_FTX_XXX files that are NA related have a bgl extension

Hi Alex,

When you switch regions do you go via default or directly?

I suspect somewhere the elevation adjustment files got tangled

Switch to NA and then check at .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery if all NA related files that start with ADE_FTX_XXX files that are NA related have a bgl extension

I went direct. I just reset to Default. Then applied NA. No dice.

I checked the folder. I see all NZSI (I do not have NZNI), and EU disabled (.OFF) and PNW and PJF are on (.BGL), but there are very few PNW files there. I only see elevation adjustment files for: ADE_FTX_PNW_2WA1, 74S, S45 and WA40. That's it. Shouldn't there be more? I do not see KORS and Fall City, (the ones I flew into and saw the problem). I do not see files for Darrington or Concrete or any others I have. Shouldn't there be files for those?

I will open at Concrete and at Darrington to see how they look.

Should I reinstall PNW? If so, then I apply the last patch published and that is all that is needed?

Alex

Hi Alex,

that's indeed a wee bit odd that you are missing those files

there should be, when switched to NA:

98 ADE_FTX_PNW_XXXX_elevation_adjustment.BGL files

7 ADE_FTX_PFJ_XXXX_elevation_adjustment.BGL files

50 ADE_FTX_CRM_XXXX_elevation_adjustment.BGL files

69 ADE_FTX_NRM_XXXX_elevation_adjustment.BGL files

26 ADE_FTX_NZNI_XXXX_elevation_adjustment.OFF files

60 ADE_FTX_NZSI_XXXX_elevation_adjustment.OFF files

a bunch of traffic files

and some other ORBX files for several airfields mostly with the fields ICAO code in 'm

Hi Alex,

there's a full set of backups of those elevation adjustment files in \Orbx\Scripts\custom.na\OFF. Set FTX Central to North America and then copy those files into Scenery\World\scenery; don't overwrite any that already exist.

Cheers, Holger

Ah! That's what I was looking for!

I copied (not overwriting) over 200 files from there. That did it. Thanks!

Archived