Graphics problem

Ticker7

Hi Guys I've got a major problem that means I can't fly in FSX, I'll explain.

I recently upgraded my system to an i7-3770 @3.40ghz, Asus P8Z77-M m/b with an Nvidea 650gti 2gig ram and 16gig of Cosair Vengence ddr3 1600 ram and a 750w Psu. Since I did this I have also done a clean install of Win7 - 64 and FSX. Now for the problem when I load the default flight it starts in the ultralight virtual cockpit but it is constantly redrawing itself and makes it unflyable but if I switch to the 2d view it's stable but it flys sideways.

I have tried settings from no thing to everything and in between but the problem is still there, i have tried Nick N's guide and Kosta's guide (seperately) and no change, now what gets me is I was flying okay before the upgrade so either there is a setting I've messed up somewhere or there is a hardware fault Oh and this is with a New copy of FSX as I thought it was my dvd with a fault but the problem is the same.

So My friends can anyone offer some help as I've tried pretty much all I know to fix it, so if there is a setting in the bios or on the card please let me know as I just want to FLY again.

Hi Ticker7,

I can't think of a defenite answer, but I assume this is a fresh install. Have you checked Device Manager that the correct GPU driver is installed.

This would be the 310.90.

I am certain someone else on this forum will have the answer.

This sounds a bit like a problem I had with my GTX 670. Is yours an Overclocked card? If so you might have to disable the OC software, for me it was called Gigabyte OC Guru.

Once I disabled mine the graphics were fine, but with it running my plane flew sideways and the cockpit view was bouncing around all over the place.

Archived