YMML perfect, FTX textures not perfect.

slipstream

Not sure if anyone else has this problem. As I fly (rotary) towards YMML and the airport comes into view my default FTX textures no longer update and stay blurry. The airport textures, however, are perfect. I have the textures tab set to max within the graphics section.

I have tried reducing autogen to minimum but textures still remain blurry in vicinity of YMML. It is a shame as the grass inbetween the apron / runway areas look horrible.

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

Hey Slipstream, expect this thread to be moved to the "Orbx payware support forum"

I presume from your report that you are using FSX native mode, this is why your runways, taxiways and airside tarmac areas are crisp. The grassy areas surrounding the airport which you notice are blurry by comparison, consist of 15cm per pixel ground textures which are very resource intensive and can take a while to load, especially if you have limited RAM available. Basically when there are not enough system resources to display the high resolution 15cm texture, the system resorts to displaying a lower resolution version of the same texture known as a "MIP". I suspect this is what you are seeing!

There are several things you can do to help combat high res texture blurries....BUT, it is a principle of Orbx not to provide support for payware products without the users flight sim store order number being displayed within the users sig. If you could add the last four numbers of your purchase code to your sig this will verify you as a valid Orbx customer and we will help all we canĀ  :)

Thankyou for your understanding

Russ.

Hi Russ, thanks for your speedy reply. I have now added the last 5 digits of my purchase code to my signature. May I just clarify that it is not just the 15cm textures but also the default FTX textures in the vicinity of the airport.

Hi Slipstream,

Sorry to be a proverbial pain, BUT, the order number you state is not the correct one, what you posted up is a part of the registration key not your order number wich should start with FSS######## and a string of numbers, please check the email from the FlightSimStore with your purchase and registration details

Perhaps if you were to alter the YMML ***** part of your signature to 12534 it would allow those that have the ability to double check these things the chance to do so

There has been quite a bit of fluff and fluster about various piracy issues and even though I am sure that you (as well as me) do not condone this there have been a number of posts regarding the need for verifyable order numbers - maybe that may help you get answers to your problem as your inclusin of the o/no in the body of your post appears to have been missed and this will act as a bump

Good luck - and enjoy anyway

Hey Slipstream,

That is the correct order number and i have just validated your purchase, so update your sig with the correct number. It is good practice to add your codes into your sig for every Orbx purchase you make, then we can tell very quickly a valid Orbx customer.

Ok, first things first, the best way of solving a problem is to see the problem! so if you could post a screen shot here showing the blurry textures then we can be more accurate with our answers. But as a general rule of thumb, there are a couple of things you can do to help.

1- make sure in the graphics settings of FSX that your texture resolution is set to display 15cm textures. If it is only set to display 1m textures or greater, then the result will be more blured. Sounds obvious but can easily be overlooked!

2- VERY important....make sure you do a thorough defrag on both your system drive/partition and your FSX drive/partition (If they are seperate?) A fragmented disk will cause all sorts of texture call lags and over use of MIP's at close range, as well as decrease gameplay smoothness. Defragmenting should be done regularly to ensure best performance (weekly is good)

If you could get us some screen shots i can be more specific.

Russ.

Archived