Guildford Cathedral missing

Gavinc

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum as it a request rather than a bug. Guildford Cathedral is missing and as it is a rather large local landmark and important for VFR I was wondering if we can get something put where it should be. I am not asking for a specially created model but I think I have seen a red brick cathedral already in your object library that would be close. It should be at N 51 14.45 W 0 35.69

http://barryrose.co.uk/photopages/guildford-aerial.html

While I am asking for stuff, could we get the river Wey? It goes thru the center of Guildford. If you go to N 51 14.19 W 0 34.70 you should be at the river. You can see the bridges that go over it as changes in the texture of the road surface but the river itself is not there. Or is it just too narrow and small to be rendered?

http://www.jim-shead.com/waterways/river.php?wpage=WEY

Thanks

Gavin

Those Co-Ords place the cathedral in a paddock S-E of Maidstone.. I have never been to Guilford so I am not sure what I am looking for. Any chance of a top down screenshot? Teecee.

Hi TeeCee,

I got the co-ordinates via slew, probably transcribed them wrong. Anyway here is a screen shot. The Cathedral should be a bit above the red cross.

Posted Image

thanks, Gavin

I've uploaded a model of the cathedral to the two most popular flighsim sites.

Wow, that was fast.

Thanks

Gavin

Thanks, that's added a great visual reference point for that part of Surrey. Have you got any other landmarks planned, Fltsimguy? (just found your Thames Barrier - great!)

Yes...but have been suffering with flu for week now. Just do your usual checking of the upload sites.

Sorry to suggest more work for you but after seeing your handywork with the Bristol suspension bridge & Guildford cathedral I was wondering if Brunel's old Plymouth rail bridge was on your list

Posted Image

http://www.demotix.c...r-2011-plymouth

I have a bridge in the works. It works great. However, i am in discussion with Paul Webster (Orbx staff) on a problem I'm having. Orbx has placed a bridge in that spot as you know and I cant' find a way to mask it, or remove it without de-compiling a file of theirs. Looking into it anyway, stay tuned we will see what we can do.

I have a bridge in the works. It works great. However, i am in discussion with Paul Webster (Orbx staff) on a problem I'm having. Orbx has placed a bridge in that spot as you know and I cant' find a way to mask it, or remove it without de-compiling a file of theirs. Looking into it anyway, stay tuned we will see what we can do.

Thanks Bryan, good news, look forward to seeing the finished product

Archived