FTX Central error

cramkek

Hello Ken,

sounds like your terrain.cfg file got corrupted somehow. Try this: make a backup copy of the current version (in the main FSX folder), then overwrite it with the default copy stored in \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work, then start FTX Central and cycle once between Default and one of the regions. Let us know whether that works.

Cheers, Holger

• 1 year later...

Holger,

Your advice to Ken saved my bacon. Just recently got a new computer and have spent days installing scenery.  I started with ORBX PNW, then FTX Global, followed by the rest of ORBX's North American regions. Additionally I installed most of my collection of ORBX's airports for NA.  Afterward, all looked well and beautiful.

This evening I decided to install all 4 Australian regions, which I did very carefully. I even ran FSX and launched a flight between each installation. Afterward, I found to my horror that all my scenery worldwide looked worse than default.  When I went to FTX central I got the message, "Terrain.cfg has no [Land Classes] section."  As I said, I tried your advice and now all is well.  I mentioned all the above details in the hope that they might provide a clue to what may have gone wrong.

I am, Sir, in your debt!

Thank you very much!

Tom

EDIT  I guess I'm not out of the woods, yet!  My scenery looks good when FTX Central is set to North America or Australia, but when I set it to FTX Global, I find that the oceans have been replaced by trees. Can you help, please?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Archived