NZMF - Elevation & Scenery issues

Trevor Hannant

Having a strange problem at Milford Sound after installing earlier (see attached). Process followed:

- set FTX Central to Oceania

- installed NZSI SP2

- installed NZMF

Issue seen so then removed FTX_AA_NZMF from Scenery library, deleted folder > ORBX > FTX_NZ > FTX_AA_MF and FSX > scenery > world > scenery folder and deleted the two ...elevation_adjustment.BGL *NZMF* and *NZMJ* files (as per this post).

Then followed procedure above again and still get the same issues.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Has anyone else seen this and resolved it?

Hi Trevor,

by the looks of the mountains in your first picture, SP2 did not install correctly. Could you please re-install NZSI SP2 and then install NZMF again ?

You also could try and run the 'Validate Scenery.cfg' tool (FTX Central -> Tools) prior - maybe it will fix the issue as well.

Required mesh setting would be 5 meter.

Please let us know how it went.

Hi Heiko - hope you're having a good Christmas, and thanks for taking time out to be here!

Downloaded fresh copies of both SP2 and NZMF and installed both - no change. Ran the validate scenery tool and still same result. The helipads have now come down to the same level as the runway so that's resolved but I still have the issues at the ends of the airfield areas.

Settings (unchanged from before issue):

Posted Image

FTX Central was set to Oceania pre SP2 installation. After Central opened at the end of the install, I changed it back to Oceania (which it's set to now) before installation of NZMF.

Hi Heiko.

Removing all South island scenery and re-installing from scratch seems to have fixed it - sounds like I had a dodgy SI install that everything was building on (hadn't flown in and out of NZMF since a re-install a couple of months back so hadn't picked it up).

Many thanks for your time both now and creating this magnificent airport.

Archived