Inquietude at Lake Argyle

Bugdani

Wonderful shots!

apologise for my poor english  :-\

No worries.  Inquietude is not actually an English word, though it sounds good and it's quite descriptive anyway :)  You might use tranquility or serenity instead.

Though serenity in Australian popular culture now has a funny side... from the movie The Castle, the line "How's the serenity?"

Cracking shots Bug and your English is fine.  Don't let them mislead you. We're making up new words and pinching them from other Countries all the time.  Its how English was formed in the first place and its still going on after thousands of years.  It keeps the language vibrant and expressive.  I suspect your native tongue has a similar history too.

And I really like 'Inquietetude' as the heading for your pictures - sums them up somehow, but not 'anxiety'.  Keep it as suggested; a mixture of tranquility and serenity.  Lovely. :)

John

Cracking shots Bug and your English is fine.  Don't let them mislead you. We're making up new words and pinching them from other Countries all the time.  Its how English was formed in the first place and its still going on after thousands of years.  It keeps the language vibrant and expressive.  I suspect your native tongue has a similar history too.

Yep, without a doubt - I was just pointing out that the word doesn't exist in current English.

And I really like 'Inquietetude' as the heading for your pictures - sums them up somehow, but not 'anxiety'.  Keep it as suggested; a mixture of tranquility and serenity.  Lovely. :)

That's the sensation I had too, though it sounds like Bug was more worried about those ominous clouds :)  It's a fascinating combination, really.

Archived