Not seeing any new AI Aircraft in PFJ

ba43

I installed the recent AI update for North America, PFJ and I'm not really noticing anything new at PAKT or CYBD. Both default PFJ editions. Not payware airports. Yet.

I unchecked the "FSX default aircraft" tick box during the set up but that appears to be all I'm seeing anyway.

Brad

Hi Brad, I see at CYBD lots of AI Traffic. I even saw this afternoon an Aircreation 285SL Ultralight, with the red textures, departing from the apron. And I'am sure that is not FSX default traffic.

Look here than you can see the ultralight departing in the first shot.

Set the time at CYBD on 11.02 AM and the date at 2012-10-04 and see if the Trike is departing from CYBD to CYZP.

Good luck.

Peter

http://www.orbxsyste...-ccgcvancouver/

I installed the recent AI update for North America, PFJ and I'm not really noticing anything new at PAKT or CYBD. Both default PFJ editions. Not payware airports. Yet.

I unchecked the "FSX default aircraft" tick box during the set up but that appears to be all I'm seeing anyway.

Brad

Brad, this morning I saw a C172 Skyhawk departing from CYBD to CZMT. The date and time in FSX was 2012-08-05 10.38 AM.

There is one strange thing his wheels are sinking in the ground. See screenshot.

Peter

Posted Image

Well, it appears that I do have some AI Traffic after all. But not that noticeable yet. Again, I use default PFJ airports for PAKT and CYBD. Saw one Canadian registration piper taxi out of CYBD but not seeing anything yet at PAKT. I saw a piper "T" tail aircraft at CYXT and several other Canadian registered aircraft at Terrace. I use 100% GA traffic settings to test with. That's my only concern is that all I see at PAKT is FSX default so far and nothing new yet.

Great work though on the package. It helps bring the package alive.

Brad

Brad, I just checked two default PFJ airports CYJQ Bella Bella ( Denny I ) and CAF2 Bella Bella ( Campel I ) and I saw on both airfields two aircrafts departing. My traffic settings are 45%.

I don't know about PAKT because I have ORBX PAKT, and because of the sloped runway there is no AI traffic.

Peter

The issue of the sunken wheels at Bella Coola has been discussed in this thread. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/51795-cybd-ai-traffic-issues/

Peter, the Cessna 172 shown in your screenshot is not from the FTX NA GA AI Traffic pack (nor is the Trike) so I'm not sure where that is coming from. All AI aircraft in the FTX package will have either a US or Canadian registration number.

Well, it appears that I do have some AI Traffic after all. But not that noticeable yet. Again, I use default PFJ airports for PAKT and CYBD. Saw one Canadian registration piper taxi out of CYBD but not seeing anything yet at PAKT. I saw a piper "T" tail aircraft at CYXT and several other Canadian registered aircraft at Terrace. I use 100% GA traffic settings to test with. That's my only concern is that all I see at PAKT is FSX default so far and nothing new yet.

Because of the limited parking at many of the smaller airports, there are only two or three AI aircraft operating so what you are seeing is most likely correct. There is no AI traffic placed at PAKT as the sloped taxiways and limited APX infrastructure make it unworkable. It is not practical to have a separate traffic file for the default PAKT airport v's the payware one so it was felt it would be better to just leave it out altogether. It's a pity though as I would have loved to see AI aircraft movements at this airport. Unfortunately, all my testing produced results which would have been totally unacceptable to any serious simmer.

Well, would it be okay for our website, Return to Misty Moorings to make some AI traffic movements available for PAKT default? By that, what I am asking is may we use the models of aircraft since they are in our library now after the install of FTX NA AI Traffic? We have an AI traffic wizard on our staff that will put something together for use using those models if it's something we are allowed to do for free.

Brad

Unfortunately, the AI aircraft models and many of the repaints used in the traffic package are not ours to grant any permissions. We spent considerable time writing to each developer and painter and had to make specific commitments in order to obtain permission to use their work.

Having said that, I would see no issue though in you creating a traffic file which utilises aircraft already on the individual users system and issuing that amongst your users. Just so long as you do not repackage any of the AI aircraft and/or repaints, you should be fine. It would just mean that each user of your traffic file would need to have the FTX NA GA AI Traffic pack installed for the aircraft to appear.

The issue of the sunken wheels at Bella Coola has been discussed in this thread. http://www.orbxsyste...traffic-issues/

Peter, the Cessna 172 shown in your screenshot is not from the FTX NA GA AI Traffic pack (nor is the Trike) so I'm not sure where that is coming from. All AI aircraft in the FTX package will have either a US or Canadian registration number.

Because of the limited parking at many of the smaller airports, there are only two or three AI aircraft operating so what you are seeing is most likely correct. There is no AI traffic placed at PAKT as the sloped taxiways and limited APX infrastructure make it unworkable. It is not practical to have a separate traffic file for the default PAKT airport v's the payware one so it was felt it would be better to just leave it out altogether. It's a pity though as I would have loved to see AI aircraft movements at this airport. Unfortunately, all my testing produced results which would have been totally unacceptable to any serious simmer.

Graham, I know where those traffic is coming from. I got TrafficX from Just Flight installed.

Peter

Archived