updates created isues

sleightflight

Hi I finished installing the nrm sp1 & sp2 updates & pfj sp3 , crm sp1, pnw was already up to sp5 , then installed the new orbx libs , I now have blurries that are quite bad & my frame rates that were locked at 30 & were always at 29.9 - 30 are now dancing all over the place sometimes down to 17. also my ftx night & day desktop icons dont work & I have 4 of them one for ftx day , one for ftx lights day , & the same for the night , ftx night & ftx lights night , none of them launch anything. any clues anyone , my orbx sceneries were great until I did this , ps I did have ftx central set to north america for each installment & also launched fsx after each update.

Hi there,

odd that about the multiple desktop icons but you can safely remove any duplicates.

Do you currently see the 3D night lights throughout NRM and CRM? If so they might be the ones responsible for the change in performance. Generally speaking, if anything the patches should help with performance because they include a few tweaks to reduce complexity in urban areas etc.

The FTX Day/Night switches don't launch anything visible; they trigger a small batch file that runs in the background. Thus, if you want to have nightlights, double-click on FTX Night; if you want them deactivated, double-click on FTX Day. If you want to make extra sure you can right-click on either icon and select Run as Administrator but you still won't see anything happening.

Cheers, Holger

Archived