Freeware AI

jpreou

HAven't yet decided whether to replace my NZ VLC scenery with Orbx. Thought I'd try the GA AI stuff that someone recommended to me today first.

1. Only saw Aus AI traffic; does that include NZ?

2. Is it ok to install just the four AU GA AI traffic packages even with no other ORBX stuff installed?

Cheers

The latest updates to the FTX AU AI traffic pack includes full AI coverage for New Zealand as well as all of Australia. The included AI Traffic will work with either FSX default scenery or a 3rd party scenery package but it is designed to work best with FTX. You will also need at least one FTX scenery package to be installed for the Control Panel to function.

I have since purchased the FTX NI.

I have noted that the buildings in my FS-Creations HamiltonX add-on are better than the default FTX.

However, the layout, the traffic, the people flow, the markers and taxi signs, etc are all better in FTX (with the slight exception of marker boards right in the middle of 18L).

I'm guessing there is no way to mix the two and get the best of both.

Any idea whether a Hamilton NZHN add-on detailed airport might be in the works? Plenty of activity out there, both GA and regional (and on/off international). Heading out there shortly actually for a lesson of circuits...

Cheers

Archived