S45 Siletz Bay missing beacon tower

sebi3891

Hello,

i just bought the wonderful S45 Siletz Bay (the updated version 1.01) and found that the beacon tower is missing and i see no people flow. I already tried different scenery density settings with no effect. Newest ORBX libs are installed. Perhabs there went something wrong with the update?

Greetings

Sebastian

Your problem is with the ObjectFlow module, which controls the visibility of both the beacon/tower and the people. Try this:

In your FSX root folder, navigate to "ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_S45\Scenery".

In that folder, right-click on "moduleinstaller.exe" and choose "Run As Administrator". The dialog box that pops up asks for the path to your root FSX directory. If that's correct, click "install".

Once that's done, launch FSX again. If it's successful, you'll get a prompt when FSX loads asking you if you want to trust the ObjectFlow_S45.dll module. Say yes. Load Siletz Bay and see if it's fixed at that point, and report back here if not.

I'm moving house across the country at the moment, but I'll try to reply when I can if you need more help.

Bill

Hello Everyone!

I have one minor question concerning this fix - just to get it all done correctly...

If i follow the instructions as given above and run the "moduleinstaller.exe" as admin, the window which opens up,

then it only/merely spoints at my "FSX-directory-path", but does not specifically point at the "S45-folder" within the FSX-folder.

So:

Is it enough to only use the "FSX-path" and click "install" or does the path need to be something more specific, such as:

"...FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_S45\Scenery\ObjectFlow_S45.dll" - ... so wher eexactly is it to go?

Thank You very much in advance for any further support here.

Because besides this minor issue here:

A great scenery-package!

Cheers, Christoph

Ah yes, sorry, I mistyped before. The path should be to your FSX root directory, not the full path to the module. It knows where the module lives already. Just leave it at whatever path it's set to by default - unless that's not correct somehow.

Ah yes, sorry, I mistyped before. The path should be to your FSX root directory, not the full path to the module. It knows where the module lives already. Just leave it at whatever path it's set to by default - unless that's not correct somehow.

Thank You very much for making it that clear - now i know for certain and can fully enjoy this great scenery!

Cheers, Christoph

Bill,

I had the same problem and fixed it per your instructions however I still do not have any tree movement from the wind. I set up a 16kt wind, the wind sock is standing straight out but no tree movement. All boxes are checked in the config program. All other flow items seem to be working and latest library installed.

Tom Hibben

Order#: FSS0191245

• 1 month later...

Same problem here with the missing people. I just recently bought S45 and so used the full 1.01 installer, and there were no people. Tried re-installing, but still no people.

Followed Bill's instructions and they appeared (Thanks!), including the infamous obsessive-compulsive window cleaning guy. Last I saw him was when taking off from 77S. I wonder how he got to S45 before me :blink:

Seems like the 1.01 installer is missing a step...

Archived