Scenery Problem

Ja50n01

Hi,

I fly mainly in FTX areas, but on the weekend I was flying in USA New York and Seattle and all the Sea/Oceans lakes etc were full of tree's. I run my UTX USA tool and problem solved lakes and oceans were back. BUt a day later same thing is this due to the FTX Mode being set to ON?

If it is will this always be the case if I did a long haul flight from an FTX area into a UTX area or will there be a fix or workaround so they all work together

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

if my memory serves me well, then it should be as follows:

1. turn FTXmode OFF, run fsX once to let it rebuild Scenery Dbase,

2. run/install other addons, run fsX once to rebuild Scenery Dbase and activate the other sceneries manually if needed,

3. turn fsX OFF

4. Turn FTXmode ON

5. All should be set correctly now, so fire fsX up and enjoy ;)

Hi Jason,

if my memory serves me well, then it should be as follows:

1. turn FTXmode OFF, run fsX once to let it rebuild Scenery Dbase,

2. run/install other addons, run fsX once to rebuild Scenery Dbase and activate the other sceneries manually if needed,

3. turn fsX OFF

4. Turn FTXmode ON

5. All should be set correctly now, so fire fsX up and enjoy ;)

Hi UHU,

Thanks for your reply, does this fix it completely?

or just reset the Water bodies/oceans ?

Also can I fly lomg haul without adjusting FTX mode?

Thanks

Jason,

As far as I know you should be OK,

there will be a minor issue with some trees that are swapped against the default ones and some buildings, but that should about be it I think, must admit that due to testing I do not get much out of the land of Oz ;D

and in case off you want to see what your default fsX looks like,

Turn FTXmode OFF

go to the scenery control panel within fsX and de-activate = untick all entries related to FTX, DO NOT delete them !

Hit OK, and when you go flying you should see the default fsX scenery, providing the other addons aren't activated.

The only issue we have found with leaving FTX Mode ON when outside Australia is that some industrial building roofs have roof gables (triangle shapes ) showing on them instead of normal flat roofs. We will remove the need for FTX Mode when we are ready to move all of FTX Australia to a DVD installer product.

The only issue we have found with leaving FTX Mode ON when outside Australia is that some industrial building roofs have roof gables (triangle shapes ) showing on them instead of normal flat roofs. We will remove the need for FTX Mode when we are ready to move all of FTX Australia to a DVD installer product.

Hi John,

Does this mean we downloaders will get this dvd option or installer?

I tried it out and as long as i turn of ftx or run UTX scenery tool it rebuilds the scenery database and the water appears again. It may be a UTX problem, but now i know how to fix it I am happy.

Thanks Guys

Cheers Uhu for your help

Archived