REX Virtual

Variometer

Don’t get too excited, it’s not the stuff you might think of when you read REX  ;) I’m as much strained as you on the expected release of Real Environment Extreme. All I want to show is a little promo video about Regional Express Virtual, an Australian airline for regional flying. Hope you’ll enjoy, comments are appreciated. There is a YouCube version too, search for Varioflight.

So here is the Vimeo link: http://vimeo.com/1946032

Cheers

Thank you very much, mates. These kind comments are the best motivation for me to keep on in producing FTX videos.

@ Leon – it’s one of my easiest exercises to surpass myself when the level is low  ;)

@ Lynchie – another proof of the of functioning of persuasive advertising ;) Maybe someday I’ll be convinced too by my own clip to join a VA :)

@ Jason – what the clip shows is only the tip of the iceberg, but it’s very fascinating to explore the possibilities of this tool and it’s somehow frightening that sometimes I can’t decide whether to fly or to render films ;)

@ Linden – after finishing a clip I always try to clean up the directories I used during capturing, and I recognized, that I produced about 250 Gigabyte of footage for those 150 seconds. Maybe I should publish those scenes in a director’s cut version. I suppose it would last 2 hours, showing the same failed landing at Launceston again and again, because I tried to hit the white middle line. At the end I gave up and used one of the fsrecorder tools to correct it :)

@ John – no chance for you to join a VA in the nearest future, not before you finished FTX Europe or at least Germany :)

@ Wolter – I’ll do my best to keep the standard :)

@ Craig – what the hell does FARK mean ? For your health I presume it’s somehow positive :)

Guest Muaddib

Thank you very much, mates. These kind comments are the best motivation for me to keep on in producing FTX videos.

@ Leon – it’s one of my easiest exercises to surpass myself when the level is low  ;)

Well all I can say is I am going to quit trying to make and post FSX and FTX videos. When I see yours and all these others up here, I am totally embarrassed to even look at my junk. I was up until the wee hours of the morning trying what you said and a lot of other stuff with no results. No matter what, my videos have the black lines at the ends on Vimeo and top and bottom on U toob. I give up. Thanks for trying to help.

@ Jason – what the clip shows is only the tip of the iceberg, but it’s very fascinating to explore the possibilities of this tool and it’s somehow frightening that sometimes I can’t decide whether to fly or to render films ;)

It is a fantastic tool, I am just starting out, My movies tend to be hit and miss at the moment as it can be very daunting, I am using Vegas Pro as I have an AVCHD camera. But do you mind answering a question for me about rendering, sometimes my FSX movies have no sound, then eventually i will pick the correct format for FSX movie and I eventually hit the jackpot.

For Video hosting or You tube/sim tube/Vimeo etc do you recomend a format that will keep my vid's small but with quality,

Thanks in advance,

Can't wait for the next video

Jas ;D

I'm at the beginning too concerning the use of Sony vegas. I've just found some tutorials about Vegas on http://www.wonderhowto.com/software/sony-vegas-video/ and I try to understand them one by one.

But do you mind answering a question for me about rendering, sometimes my FSX movies have no sound, then eventually i will pick the correct format for FSX movie and I eventually hit the jackpot.

I would like to answer every question I can, but this sentence I can't understand the sense , and even my google translator can't help me, sorry  ???

Your last question is clear, but I don't have the perfect answer. Most times I use the HD version, which I produced for Vimeo and host it on YouCube, and when I post the link of the clip, I append the param &fmt=18 at the end, which forces YouCube to display the clip in a better quality. I've done many tests with mostly disappointing results; the only thing I seemed to find out is that the video bitrate should be at least 5Mbit produce the 'display in better quality' option on YouCube.

Hope I could help a little bit.

Cheers

@ Craig – what the hell does FARK mean ? For your health I presume it’s somehow positive :)

It is a polite way of saying the F**K expletive .. and that is meant as "very impressive: :) You can see it used here with doubles and triples  ;D ;D ;Dhttp://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=6110.0

heheh Not sure what the exchange rate of a Fark is, but I am sure it better than our South Pacific Peso  ;D

I am sure I read post where John said he was going to make a Fark-o-meter  ;D

Maybe if you max that out, the you get a free copy FTX Europe  ;D

I'm at the beginning too concerning the use of Sony vegas. I've just found some tutorials about Vegas on http://www.wonderhowto.com/software/sony-vegas-video/ and I try to understand them one by one.

Thank for the Link ;D

But do you mind answering a question for me about rendering, sometimes my FSX movies have no sound, then eventually i will pick the correct format for FSX movie and I eventually hit the jackpot.

I would like to answer every question I can, but this sentence I can't understand the sense , and even my google translator can't help me, sorry  ???

Dont worry, I didn't explain it that well but i think i solved it last night  ;D Thanks anyway

Looking forward to your next video and thanks for the advice

Cheers

Jas

Archived