Moving Map - Blue & Gold v1.1

maxpax444

Marc and myself are pleased to announce the release of v1.1 of our moving map tiles for the AU Blue and AU Gold region.

This update adds in the locations of all the OZx airfields that are contained in OZx v1.1 for FSX. To update your tiles simply overwrite your current tiles with the new ones.

Also included in this release is another zip file for people who have had problems using the map tiles with the FSMAP guage. These ini files should only be used if you are getting Out Of Memory errors when using our map tiles with the FSMAP guage.

To download simply go to the link below, navigate to the correct page by clicking on the map and select the file you want to download:

http://www.fsfiles.org/MovingMap

The tiles for AU Green are on the way, Marc is completing the initial build of them, which is the longest part of the whole process. As soon as they are ready we will let you know.

My thanks go out to Marc for his hard work on these maps and also to JayKay for providing an additional host.

We hope you enjoy the maps. :)

Kia Ora, Hello all.

This software looks really good.  How do I start, or where do I start, to get the whole program from? Your reply is as usual really appreciated.

Regards, Ka kiti ano.

Jim.

ps: Sorry I'm so dumb.

Hi Jim,

If you start off by downloading the user guide it should explain what software you need to download in order to get our maps to work, you can get the user guide here:

http://www.mthake.com/FTX/map/AU_Blue_Map_1.0_Docs.zip

Once you've set up the software you can download the map tiles from the link in the first post of this topic. Installation instructions are included in the user guide.

If you have any specific questions once you've read the user guide, feel free to ask for more help here. :)

Mark and Tom,

I've used your maps to fly a flightplan sent to me by Paul Phibbs of VATPAC using the always on top program you recommended.  It really increased my enjoyment of the whole flight and I was able to make the course changes at the right waypoints as shown on your map.  ;D  So thanks guys for adding another dimension to a hobby which continues to intrigue me in regard to all the tools, tricks, scenery, aircraft realism and virtual flights you can explore.  If this pace of change continues for 10 years its blows my mind with the potential.

Gary T22

Kia Ora, Hello Tom.

Further to my msg just above, I came across a demo version of Tasmania.  When I opened it, it was full of ini and jpg files.  Now I'm telling you, my computer nous is zero, I just sit there opened mouthed.  So 1. how to I get the Demo Tassie to run 2.  I was about to print out a 30 odd pages manual and it related to 2002-2004, is this manual still okay to use?

Regards, Kakiti ano

Jim.

Kia Ora, Hello Tom.

Further to my msg just above, I came across a demo version of Tasmania.  When I opened it, it was full of ini and jpg files.  Now I'm telling you, my computer nous is zero, I just sit there opened mouthed.  So 1. how to I get the Demo Tassie to run 2.  I was about to print out a 30 odd pages manual and it related to 2002-2004, is this manual still okay to use?

Regards, Kakiti ano

Jim.

Hello Jim,

I know, the manual is just being improved... If only I had more time. This is a project that consumes most of my free time nowadays, and I wanted to release green as fast as possible first. Green is coming very soon,  but it will be a while until the "real" documentation is done.

As for your questions: The jpg's and ini's are the map and the calibration files, which is all we do provide. To see the map work in FSX, you need additional software. FSUIPC+FSMMM is free to use. First install FSUIPC for FSX, then FSMMM. The FSMMM manual references older Sims,  but it still applies (minus the kneeboard) to FSX. Just try to install FSUIPC and then FSMMM. Then all you have to do is copy the JPG and INI files to your hard disc and set up FSMMM as described in its manual.

Just give it a try and come back whenever you're stuck, we'll sort this out together.

Good luck!

Marc

Kia Ora, Hello Tom.

Jason, is sounds as if you're starting out as well, perhaps we can help each other, you can use my PM if you want.  Tom your help to a dumb cluck like me is really appreciated believe me, so you know anything you direct at me remains precious, and it looks to be an awesome program.  I might be slow but I'll get there with your help.

If I dig myself into a deep hole ( I always seem to do that) then I have Mozz, who is really great with us learners, and I know he too will help.  I don't want to throw it away as it looks a gem of a program you two have made. Well done guys.

Haere Ra, bye for now

Jim.

Kia Ora, Hello Marc and Tom,

It looks like you have a wonderful addition to our wonderful hobby.  Just one question for anybody to answer, is it possible to run this program on a single VDU?

Thank you in advance.

Haere Ra,

Jim

It looks like you have a wonderful addition to our wonderful hobby.  Just one question for anybody to answer, is it possible to run this program on a single VDU?

It is possible, if you have FSMap then you can use the guage that comes with that in any of your aircraft. However, if you don't have FSMap, you will have to fly with two windows open - one for the map and one for the sim itself.

Hope this helps. :)

It is possible, if you have FSMap then you can use the guage that comes with that in any of your aircraft. However, if you don't have FSMap, you will have to fly with two windows open - one for the map and one for the sim itself.

Hope this helps. :)

before i start moving map i run a piece of software called 'AlwaysOnTopMaker', and then run the moving map on top in a small window while fsx runs in maximised windowed mode with the taskbar hidden

before i start moving map i run a piece of software called 'AlwaysOnTopMaker', and then run the moving map on top in a small window while fsx runs in maximised windowed mode with the taskbar hidden

Ah, not heard of that bit of software before, I'll have to look into it. :)

Alex - Yes you can run it on a second monitor. :)

Archived