Engine Sound Looping

Lepres

Have been flying in Obyx world exclusively since installing the multitude of regions/airports.

Not sure if I had noticed this BEFORE or AFTER adding all the FTX regions though --- in all the aircraft I've flown in, I notice there is a constant "knocking" or "cracking" sound loop that repeats every 2 seconds or so. It is very subtle in the background of the engine sound, but audible enough to be heard, especially when in VC looking through 10 or 2 o'clock directions.

Anybody came across this before? Anything to do with my FTX installs? Thanks.

Is the sound associated with a particular phase of a flight , is it constant irrespective of your FSX World location, ?? These are pertinent questions to establish whether or not this anomaly is scenery related which I don't believe is the case.

I suspect that you may have installed or changed some software that is tied into the sound set up. I have had this happen with the surround sound Stereo isolation and just as you describe looking left and right at a particular angle the sounds went rather strange. ripped out the Audio driver's and reinstalled them checked the sound settings in Windows and FSX problem solved.

Just an idea

Thanks Maurice. The odd sound only shows when engine is on, particularly more obvious when at say about 80% throttle. When in shutdown there isn't any such problem. Haven't installed anything else other than a few fs aircraft add-ons and of course FTX. Will investigate further.

Archived