PAKT - parking not listed

BrzI

Just reinstalled PFJ ( followed by patch 001) and then PAKT (followed by SP1 patch). Added latest libs after that.

Everything is in place. However, I can only select a runway to start - not a parking spot - which used to be available on my previous setup.

Is this how it should be ?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

I'm a scenery designer.  I think what you are really saying that this is a taxiway issue - i.e. all FSX taxiway's are level - thus you cannot have taxiways from the elevated runway down to the lower parking aprons, gates.  And I believe that the two programs I use to compile AFCAD files will error out if you do not have a parking spot connected to the taxiway system.  And of course without the taxiways you cannot do AI traffic.  (Although I have seen an AI lear jet land - very cool - once it stops it just disappears.)

That said, helo spots are not attached to the taxiway system.  When compiling you get a warning that they are not at the same elevation, but that can be ignored.  Of course if PAKT doesn't have helo operations, that wouldn't work.

You have developed one heck of airport here - really beautiful.

R/

Thanks for the clarification Ian, I also had this question. I will try to start a "flight" on a runway, but just move the plane to a gate and save the "flight" there. Maybe this can serve as a starting positionin the future....

Starting position 1 places your aircraft at the gate and starting position 2 places you on the lower GA parking area. There is no mention of those two start positions being runways. We have used these numbered start positions at a few airports to enable the user to start at particular locations, ie. inside hangers etc. without AI aircraft 'stealing' the spot.  

Microsoft gave us the ability to create 'Other Start locations' but forgot to include the facility to add a description.

Archived