Blackbox A320 Prologue taking of Auckland...

amentiba

As with the others, within the bounds of ORBX forum rules, worth it or not?

If it's panel is as good as the FS9 one I'm hoping yes, but we've been through the mill with years with Airbus models and less than stellar panels......

So... This is the build o.54...

At the moment, i've just done the tutorial flight.

About graphics, all i can say is that it is less than the Airbus X (but Airbus x creates some OOM errors on my 32 bits sytem and not this one). Of course it is not the most important, and in the dev team, they are only 3 people, one for the graphics. But i'm not convinced by the graphic part except for the sun light bright action on surfaces and display screen, that feels really realistic. Sometimes it was hard to view the PFD, some simmer prefers not to have this brightness, this is not my case, i find it realistic !

About the flight : MCDU processes and systems and engine start seem to be ok (some details to change or to add but nothing serious...).

There are some payload (external module) to be entered before starting FSX, metrics or US, i think its a good idea and the module is well done.

Speeds and take of processes follow a good sheme. But no action about hydraulics or vents. Perhaps work in progress. As a bonus, the ND can display SID and STARS (if you got it) and the plan can curves the lines when a turn is required (all others liners presents straights lines - even PMDG). I think it's better to follow the flight plan to have the curves to follow

The autopilot works well, no surprise when it is engaged. Just some keymap are decalled from the buttons, but it works. Something that should be too changed during the development.

I think the global flight model is quite good, commands answered well and the feeling is not bad. Autoland is already working, i've tried a manual landing to compare but... i crashed the plane ;D

For now, it's perhaps too early to have a real good opinion about this product, graphics parts are (for me who take lots of screen) a bit late face to PMDG or Aerosoft quality. But the flight model is in a good way in my opinion...

So don't forget there are Airbus X extended comming soon and Flight Sim Labs (Concorde X) are creating there own model actually...

But this addon will at the end have A318-A319-A320-A321 familly with CFM and IAE engines with their specs... The sound part feels realistic to me, lots of Airbus are crossing my sky when i'm at home or at work and the addon's sounds fells really good.

I will follow this one's development, and, as i'm a early Airbus X customer, i will too pay a bit to get the new version and i will be able to compare.

For now, i'm looking at a lot of videos and processes boards to compare with this product.

Hope we will have a good surprise at the end !

@ Vonduck : i'm sorry i haven't got the Wilco one, can't compare.

Thank you Amentiba, I have bought it and I agree with your assessment.

For me the great surprise and pleasure was to find a P3D installer.

The Aerosoft X has better exterior models and a more photographic VC. Yet already the systems are better than the X. For instance I have been challenged to use the auto throttle more accurately in the BBS than ever before. The old Wilco is still good but it is an FS9 model with all the graphical limitations.

I am waiting for the FS Labs model, but with the understandable reluctance to give RTM dates I am going with what's here now.

Same with the Captain Sim 777 and the PMDG version. The first has been released partially done while we have no idea when the no doubt superb PMDG will arrive.

Archived