anybody else notice the flying pig at the very beginning of Olympics?

sightseer

At the very beginning of the Olympics opening ceremonies in London, there was a 'fly by' of sorts and in one shot there was Pink Floyds flying pig. Anyone else see that? I thought it was cool.

Today on the radio, 'In the Studio' had some random interviews with musicians whose music was used in the Olympics opening and Gilmour,Waters and Mason were among them.

That's most definitely directly from the cover of Pink Floyd's album Animals. The clock's 'ticking' sound was also from Floyd (Time, Dark Side Of The Moon). And yes, they ended with Eclipse - a perfect ending for the ceremony (if you ask me.)

Roger Waters put it there as a promo before the start of his current tour.

Real quiet like, had people talking, then he announced the tour, nice touch I thought.

Well, at least that's what I heard on the internets. The day you hear a true story on the internets,

pigs might fly ::)

I missed the closing ceromonies however I heard The Who played....I was always and forever a Who fan. I saw them live in concert in 1989 at the opening night of there 25th anniversary tour.....AND listened to them live outside of the stadium for the final concert in 1982 in Toronto that was supposed to be the last time ever that they were to play. Good to see they still play.

Ladies and Gentlemen....The Who:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUBTX9kKEo

EDIT: I was listening to this video and my Girlfriend 5.0 just walked into the room and asked me why I was listening to CSI....LOL

Archived