Lysander

alexf

It has automatic slats which deploy below 80 knots and retract above, also, there is NO elevator trim indicator. You need to watch nyour speed on the approach, just like the real bird, Google "lysander" and you may find a book written by a former pilot, the name escapes me. This may give you some info

Ok. Read the manual and went back to it. I could take off and land successfully after one go around. I could not (yet) make a short landing as the thing glides but I'm on my way to mastering it.

Ok. Read the manual and went back to it. I could take off and land successfully after one go around. I could not (yet) make a short landing as the thing glides but I'm on my way to mastering it.

Nail approach speed at 68kts, bleed it off to 58 over the fence, then drop the hundred millimetres to the ground at 57kts, throttle, stick and trim all in play.

The book is " We Landed by Moonlight " The author's name is Hugh Verity. It's a good read, they really did "land by moonlight" with flashlights held by resistance fighters for runway markers.

Sue

Archived