some from auckland city

timmo32

Sadly, the Domain isn't included (!?!) ... or was I looking in the wrong park? Not only is it a huge museum, it has WWI and WWII memorials. I'd rather see that, than the [tacky] Sky Tower, that just signifies corporate greed ;)

Sadly, the Domain isn't included (!?!) ... or was I looking in the wrong park? Not only is it a huge museum, it has WWI and WWII memorials. I'd rather see that, than the [tacky] Sky Tower, that just signifies corporate greed

I certainly found the Domain, but no museum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Another thing I was keen to see improved ... the distinctive shape of Rangitoto.

Posted Image

I'm not sure where NZNI gets its elevation data for this iconic feature, but it looks about as wrong as the default FSX version. Yuk!!! However - there's *lots* to enjoy around NZNI Auckland. Great to see traffic going over the bridges (including the Harbour Bridge and North Harbour Bridge). As with areas in NZSI, the overall *look and feel* comes over really well.

I suspect we'll be seeing additional add-ons for NZAA and Auckland City that may add a wealth of extra detail. Considering NZNI covers such a large area (as with NZSI) I think we're lucky to have as much airport + city detail as we have ... so I'm not *really* complaining! :lol:

I'm a bit of a sucker for real weather (REXE) so I had to be content with a really grey/wet day for a quick NZ Warbirds trip around the Coromandel. Not stunningly dramatic pics, but they certainly give you the flavour of one of my favourite parts of NZNI - both in FSX and RL.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ooops! Forgot to say a BIG "thank you" to all and sundry for NZNI. A tremendous achievement - and something I'll be getting many hours of pleasure from.

Archived